Chapter 30 - Devils kiss

When Scarlett stopped crying, we decided to watch some movies. Yes we did watch some more twilight, we all enjoyed it even with the disagreements.

We were in the middle of a Jacob vs Edward argument when there was a knock on the door.
I smack my head, remembering about Cameron.

"That's for me." I say, standing up. "It's Cam, I'll see you guys later."

I give Scarlett and Abby a hug before walking to the door. I open it and Cameron stands there, looking...cute.

"Hey." He says grinning. "You ready?" He asks.

"Of course." I say as I walk out the door.

We walk to the stables and start tacking up our horses. He goes to the other side of the stable to tack up and I stay in my side. I grab my tack from the tack room and start to tack up.

I put on Dreamers bridal but the he starts being fussy when I do up the nose band. I look away from the nose band and see Victoria smirking in front of me.

I roll my eyes. "What?"

"Just wanted to let you know to watch your back again." She says grinning.

"Yeah whatever." I say continuing to do up the bridal.

"This secret is going to hurt, and it's kinda sad that you don't know and that it doesn't just affect you."She smirks before turning on her heel and walking off.

I roll my eyes and continue tacking up. When I'm done, I walk over to Cameron who is holding blue. This time, Blue has a saddle on.

"Ready?" He asks.

"You bet." I say.

He smiles and we start to walk towards one of the many open paddocks. As we go there I feel his hand brush against mine. My breath hitches, and sparks fly on my skin. This continually happens other way there and I'm almost beginning To think he's trying to hold my hand. Don't be ridiculous. Then his pinky links around my finger for a split second, and this time I know he's trying to hold my hand.

I slowly reach out to graze his hand and he grazes mine. We don't look at each other, we just look at our horses, pretending we're not trying to hold each others hands. This time his hand misses my hand but touches my wrist, sending tingles up my arm. We keep walking and I can feel his hand brush against mine, but instead of pulling away, he just keeps the back of his hand on mine.

He moves his fingers, as if he's thinking about grabbing my hand but then we reach the gate. Stupid gate. He takes his hand away and opens the door, grinning. Oh god, what if he knew I was trying to hold his hand? I try to play it off.

"Why thank you kind sir." I say, pretending to curtsy. This gets me a chuckle from him.

Ahh his laugh is so cute.... wait, what am I thinking?

We go toward the mounting block and mount up. Correction, I go a mount up. Cameron sets up a small vertical for me and I higher vertical for him, looks around 4ft, double the height of mine.

"Thanks!" I say, and he bows. I giggle.

When he's done, he mounts on Blue. We walk around the arena for a bit, before he starts trotting. He looks back at me and sticks out his tongue.

I get Dreamer to break into a canter, chasing after them. When we reach them, I get Dreamer to trot, so we match their pace. I stick my tongue out at him.

"Oh your on." He says and breaks into a canter.

I get Dreamer to canter, and we canter towards them. We catch up to them in less then a lap, and then start to pass them.