Chapter 2-Death Eaters!

HARRY POV

I wake up abruptly covered in cold sweat, a picture of Cedric's dead body behind my eyelids. I sit up leaning over to the nightstand grasping for my glasses. I put them on and look at the time 8 AM. Weird. Mrs.Weasley hasn't woken us up yet. As soon as I think that I hear some footsteps coming up the stairs.

"Ginny! Hermione! Get up!" Mrs. Weasley says knocking on the door across the hall. She then starts knocking on our door. "Harry! Ron! You two get up to!" Ron makes an unintelligible noise and goes back to sleep. I internally groan and get up. I walk to Ron's bed and shake him. He doesn't respond. I roll my eyes and lean down my mouth next to his ear.

"RON!!!RON!!" I scream into his ear.

"Wha? Wha!" Ron says sitting up. He sees me next to his bed and glares at me. I roll my eyes and stick my tongue out, my nightmare long forgotten. We both get dressed and head downstairs to find Fred, George, Hermione, and Ginny already sitting down eating their scrambled eggs.

I sit down next to Ginny with Ron on my right forcing him to sit next to George.

"Ok today we are going to Diagon Alley. Ok?" We all nod. "All of you need to be ready with your lists in 10 minutes. Meet me by the fire place. I know we are shopping the day before we leave but I'm sorry there was a lot going on so we have to shop all in one day." Mrs.Weasley ranted. We all hurriedly finished breakfast and headed over to the fireplace where Ron's mom was already waiting. George and Fred went first shouting "Diagon Alley" as they walked into the flames next was Hermione's turn and then mine. I grab some floo powder and walk into the fire.

"Diagon Alley!" I yell as the world started spinning. I appear next to Hermione in front of Grignotts. I look around waiting for Ron to come.

I see a group of kids who look about the same age of me looking around like they were a little lost but also alert in case of an attack. Ron appeared next to me, then Ginny, and finally Mrs. Weasley.

"Ok. Hermione can you please tell us what's on your list?" Mrs.Weasley asked as Hermione hurriedly unfurled the paper. I did to and the paper stared at me.

UNIFORM Fifth-year students will require:

1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)

2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear

3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)

4. One winter cloak (black, silver fastenings)

Please note that all pupils' clothes should carry name tags

COURSE BOOKS

All students should have a copy of each of the following:

The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 5) by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling

A Beginners' Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore

Magical Draughts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

OTHER EQUIPMENT

1 wand

1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)