Chapter 6- Umbridge

This chapter is dedicated to 360_Productions for commenting and giving input. Thank you! And hope you like this chapter. Added some Harry/Umbridge drama!

Harry POV

We left the Death Eaters warily not wanting to be late to Defense Against the Dark Arts. We climbed down the ladder, Ron grumbling loudly.

"Do you realize how much homework we've got already? Binns set a foot and a half long essay on giant wars, Snape wants a foot on the uses of moonstones, and now we've got a month's dream diary from Trelawney! Fred and George weren't wrong about O.W.L. year, were they? That Umbridge woman had better not give us any..."

He trailed off once we entered the classroom not knowing how strict Umbridge is yet.

The professor was already seated at her desk wearing the fluffy pink cardigan from that night and the black velvet bow on top of her head. That reminded me of a large fly perched on wisely on top of an even larger toad.

The class was quiet as we waited for Professor Umbridge to speak.

"Well, good afternoon!" She said with her raspy voice.

A few people mumbled "Good afternoon," in reply. I looked around for the Death Eaters and noticed that they were still absent.

"Tut, tut," said Professor Umbridge. "That won't do, now will it? I would like you, please, to reply 'Good afternoon, Professor Umbridge.' One more time, please. Good afternoon, class!"

"Good afternoon, Professor Umbridge," they chanted in response.

"There, now," said Professor Umbridge sweetly. That wasn't too difficult, was it?"

At this moment the exchange students walked in filing in in pairs.

"And why are all nine of you late?" Professor Umbridge asked

"Professor Trelawney held all of us back after class because she needed to talk to us," said Annabeth.

"Do you have a slip?"

"No but you can ask her" Percy said.

"And why were all nine of you held back?"

Then I realized Professor Umbridge made a good point. I never saw them separated and if they were never alone always with another person. Probably so they maintained the same cover story. So the only way for them to slip up is if we got them each alone.

"Because she needed to tell how the dream diary works. Besides we need to continue on with this class," Piper piped up. (A/N sorry couldn't resist)

As she said that I felt a sudden urge to continue with the lesson.

"Alright take your seats." Professor Umbridge decided and they sat down in the row right behind me. "Wands away and quills out, please."

Many students exchanged gloomy looks since the words "wands away" never lead to an exciting lesson. I shoved my wand away and pulled out my quill, ink, and parchment. Professor Umbridge opened her handbag, extracted her own wand, which was an usually short one, and tap the blackboard sharply causing words to appear on the board at once:

Defense Against the Dark Arts                              A Return to Basic Principles

"Well now, you're teaching in the subject has been rather disrupted in fragmented, hasn't it?" stated Professor Umbridge, turning to face the class with her hands clasped neatly in front of her. " The constant changing of teachers, many of whom do not seem to have followed any Ministry-approved curriculum, has unfortunately resulted in your being far below the standard we would expect to see in your O.W.L year. You will be pleased to know, however, that these problems are now to be rectified. We will be following the carefully constructed, theory centered, Ministry-approved course of defensive magic this year. Copy down the following, please."