Chapter 4- Being Sorted

For being the first to comment this chapter is dedicated to IWillMurderYouUwU!

Also the picture on the top is true.

 ANNABETH POV

We walk out of the train with our pets when we see a large man.

"Firs' years! Firs' years over here!" he said.

"That's Hagrid. He's a very good friend and our Care of Magical Creatures professor." Harry defended Hagrid even though we hadn't said anything. Though I guess our suspicious looks may haven't gone unnoticed. I realize he's the man Chiron was talking about.

"He's the man our headmaster told us to go to." Hazel declared as we started to walk towards him, "Bye Harry, Ginny, Ron, Hermione. See you later!". They nodded, seemingly relieved and disappointed, and headed towards the carriages with winged horses who had a skeletal body, a face with reptilian features, and wide, leathery wings that resemble a bat's leading them.

"Let's go join him." I said leading the way to Hagrid. They all followed.

" Hi Hagrid. We're the new exchange students from America. I'm Annabeth Chase. That Jason Grace, Thalia, Nico Di Angelo, Hazel Levesque, Frank Zhang, Percy Jackson, and Piper McLean." I informed him, "We were hoping you could help us?"

"Righ'. I remember 'umbeldore tell me about you." He said, recognizing us, " One-second lemme check if everyone is here...C'mon, follow me — any more firs' years? Mind yer step, now! Firs' years follow me!" And he started leading us into the night. Slipping and stumbling, we followed Hagrid down what seemed to be a steep, narrow path. It was so dark on either side of them that I thought there must be thick trees there. Nobody spoke much.

"Yeh'll get yer firs' sight o' Hogwarts in a sec," Hagrid called over his shoulder, "jus' round this bend here."

There was a loud "Oooooh!"

The narrow path had opened suddenly onto the edge of a great black lake. Perched atop a high mountain on the other side, its windows sparkling in the starry sky was a vast castle with many turrets and towers. I was at awe. The towers, the arches, all of it. I started to ramble about the castle to Percy. He nodded smiling at my reaction.

"No more'n four to a boat!" Hagrid called, pointing to a fleet of little boats sitting in the water by the shore.

"Everyone in?" shouted Hagrid, who had a boat to himself. "Right then — FORWARD!"

And the fleet of little boats moved off all at once, gliding across the lake, which was as smooth as glass. We all were silent, staring up at the great castle overhead. It towered over them as they sailed nearer and nearer to the cliff on which it stood.

"Heads down!" yelled Hagrid as the first boats reached the cliff; they all bent their heads and the little boats carried them through a curtain of ivy that hid a wide opening in the cliff face. They were carried along a dark tunnel, which seemed to be taking them right underneath the castle, until they reached a kind of underground harbor, where they clambered out onto rocks and pebbles. We walked up a flight of stone steps and crowded around the huge, oak front door.

"Everyone here?" Hagrid raised a gigantic fist and knocked three times on the castle door.

The door swung open at once. A tall, black-haired witch in emerald-green robes stood there. She had a very stern face and my first thought was that this was not someone to cross.

"The firs' years, Professor McGonagall," said Hagrid.

"Thank you, Hagrid. I will take them from here." She pulled the door wide. The stone walls were lit with flaming torches like the ones at Gringotts, the ceiling was too high to make out, and a magnificent marble staircase facing them led to the upper floors.