19

mark.

it was already midnight, and everyone was gathered around the living room to open presents. we started with jaehyun and started to describe the person. jaehyun had described lucas, and we kept going down the line and waited my turn. it had gone lucas, seulgi, taeyong, johnny, joy, yuqi, doyoung, irene, and then wendy.

at this point, i was confused and so were the others. i looked around and the only one left were yeri and i. i got up and walked over to the tree and grabbed her presents. one was wrapped nicely in a box and the other present was in a small bag, that i held behind my back. 

"well, at this point. i don't really have to describe you because you're the only person left. but for the sake of the game, i'll describe you." i said and gave her the first gift, the one in the box.

"you're such a great friend and i wouldn't ask for anyone else. i don't understand how you balance your time for school and all your friends. i really appreciate that over the past few months, we've gotten close but then i started to lose you. it was hard to see if we were going to stay friends. all i have to say is that i've fallen for you and i didn't have a chance to say it because someone else beat me to it. at that point, i didn't know if i should tell you, but i think now is the time i should tell you." i said and paused for a moment, looking around and saw that taeyong just nods his head.

"i hope you remember that moment i passed you before rushing out of the classroom. when i left, i rushed to the bathroom because i became jealous. when i walked out of the bathroom and overheard jungkook and the others, my jealousy became anger. that was because jungkook was going to toy you. he wanted to break you heart and play with you. i tried to get you away from him, but i was always too late." i said again and my eyes met hers, they were filled with tears.

"after all of that, i just wants to say. kim yerim, i did fall for you and it's fine if you don't feel the same way. just know that i'll be here with you to keep you safe from anyone and everything that hurts you. and here, it's a little something that i want to buy because i saw that you wanted it." i finished off and handed her the small bag filled with the necklace and bracelet.

"oh and the flowers that were mailed today, they were from me, too." i said and sat beside her.

yeri opened the necklace and saw that there was something carved on the back of the necklace. 

yeri + mark
990305
990802

"mark, it's beautiful." yeri said as her tears fell. she hugged me back and i held her in my arms. 

i smile a little and i helped her with the necklace, as she put on the bracelet. i smiled and she smiled back at me. 

"so yeri, what's your answer?" taeyong asked as he looked at yeri and me.

end.

i just wanted to say sorry for not updating for so long. the last time i update was when i was on spring break. i have online school and it's a lot to juggle, sorry for the delay once again.