TMO: Foregone

Hi! This is a sequel to TMO: Unsteady, so if you haven't read that one...you know what to do. Pero if you don't wanna read it, okay lang 😅

—————

Okay.

That was his reply. I wanted this pero ang hallow sa pakiramdam. It's like a part of me is taken out.

The next day, I saw him. His eyes. He's been crying.

"Stevie, can we talk?" He was pleading. He swallowed before talking. "Is this what you really want?"

I was silent.

"Sige, I'll give you your space. If it's what you really want." He held my hands like he always did. "I don't really know where this space will take us," he said while rubbing my hands. He bent down a little, leveling his gaze with mine. "But I just want you to know that I'm really sorry. I lost my cool again." He then walked away.

For the first time in my whole tutoring life, ngayon lang ako nawalan ng gana. I've always wanted to teach kids. Axel knew this too. Maybe that's why I snapped at him when he brought up the tutoring, especially that thing with Marco. Marco's just a friend, alam niya yon.

One I wished, I never played
Oh, what a mess we made
And now the final frame
Love is a losing game

Amy Winehouse maybe right, love is a losing game.

"Okay ka lang?" Marco snapped me out of my thoughts. I pulled out an earpod.

"Ha? Oo, okay lang. May iniisip lang." I smiled at him before turning another page of the book I'm reading.

"Why is your truck here? Di ka ba susunduin ni Axel?" He said looking me sideways.

I shook my head.

"Nag-away kayo?" I didn't answer. "Isn't that normal?" That was the first argument we had.

"If you want someone to talk to, you can talk to me." He gave me a reassuring smile.

I smiled back. Marco's the last person I wanted to talk to about all of this. Axel wouldn't like that. He just told me na nagseselos siya. Space lang hiningi ko.

—————
After practice, I went to the parking lot. I checked the time, 2:15pm. Stevie's probably done with tutoring. Just when I was about to turn on the engine, I scoffed.

Space. I totally forgot about that. Kailangan niya pala non.

I got out of the car. Fetching Stevie has been part of my routine. Hanggang kailan ko ba siya di pwedeng sunduin? I was so used to being around her. I needed to remind myself that I'm not. For now. I hope it's just for now.

Since 4pm pa next class ko, I decided to buy somehing to eat. I didn't wanna go to Blossom's Diner. Last night, after crying, I went there to buy Stevie's favorites. Syempre para sa 'kin. Ewan, maybe I was just hallucinating. But I saw her there. At least I thought I did. Blossom's Diner now is out of the picture.

I manuevered my way into the cafeteria instead, but what I saw made me regret I even went there.

It was Stevie. With Marco. They sat on the same table again. When she saw me, she scooted away from Marco. Nakita ko na. It's fine. If that was what space meant to her, then so be it. I acted like I didn't care. I plugged my earpods instead and made my way to the counter.

Buong araw ng pag-agos
Kailan ang huling unos
Di alam kung tatakbo
O kusang lalayo sa'yo

'I'm caught in between too, Armi' I thought to myself. As if talking to Armi of Up Dharma Down. Di ko rin alam kung tatakbo ba ako o lalayo sa kanya. I wanted to run to her, but she's giving me a reason not to.