Chapter 1: Being Pretty Never Hurt So Much

Chpt. 1

Being Pretty Never Hurt So Much

_________________________________

Ugh, here I am... sitting, waiting... for my stupid ride to finally pick me up.

Who am I, you might ask?

Well I'm Rue Simmons, a wonderful talented young woman that will take charge of the fashion world one graceful photo shoot and fiery walk off at a time... so I've heard. My Manager just loves to give pep talks.

'And is also apparently oblivious to time', I thought as a sleek white car pulled up to the curb.

I quickly opened the passenger door and buckled up.

"I know what you're going to say. You're going to say, 'how can you be so stupid?!' or 'you forgot me again!'", my manager, Kristie, explained, "But its really not my fault! You see, I was going to pick you up on time, even be there early! But this gorgeous guy walked by and I just HAD to ask him to join the agency! It would be a crime if I didn't!"

"Well, did he say yes?" I asked impatiently.

"er... well, I gave him my card... and he hasn't called me yet.. but I'm sure he will!"

I sighed, "Okey dokey then."

Yeah, I know what you're thinking. I'm another spoiled, bitchy drama queen model. But really, I'm not.

I'm just having a bad day.

"Sorry, still. So how did you do? I bet you knocked them dead!" She said clapping her hands excitedly. Which kinda scared me, since she was driving and all.

"Yeah, they said they would consider a full contract with me next year"

She full on flipped out.

"WHAT!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY!???"

"Yeah, Mr. Whats-his-face told me himself" I said, hoping it would make her slow the car down a bit.

"Oh my gosh!!! I can't believe you're going to be a Victoria's Secret Model!!!! This is so big!!!"

"Calm down, he just said he'd consider, it doesn't mean I signed the deal."

"Rue!!! How can you say that!? So many models would die to be in your shoes!"

"Yeah, yeah... hey, slow down for that stop sign" I pointed at a red object getting closer by the second.

"What stop sign?"

I stared as the stop sign got closer and closer till we passed it.

"Er.... never mind"

For the next ten minutes she went on and on about how I'm going to be a supermodel and make millions and shit like that... I really couldn't concentrate on account of I was clutching my seat for dear life.

She finally slowed down as we got closer to my house. Thank God!

As she skidded to a halt into my driveway, I quickly jumped out of the car and escaped from Kristie's death car.

"See you!" I yelled from behind.

Once I got inside, I ran to my safe haven and fell into my bed.

Oh I love my bed.

I could sleep for days upon days.

In fact, I think I will just drift off to sleep for a couple of days...

I heard the door creak open a bit and my mom say,

"Oh Rue, you're home! Don't stay up too late, remember school starts tomorrow."