Epilogue

I see Mandolyn in Charlotte every time she smiles. I see Lila in Lelah every time we hunt together. I see Zunti in Susan when she cries. I see Caroline in Addison every time she presents us with something she's proud of. Maddie's a spitting image of myself every time she looks into my eyes. I see Jack in Flint every time he has that mischievous gleam in his eyes. And I see Tigerlily in Cinna every time he does... anything. I avoid Cinna for a while after I get home because he reminds me too much of Tigerlily. But sometimes it helps. I talk with him all the time about Tigerlily and how fierce she was in the Arena. My family and I visit the families of each fallen tribute to comfort them and explain how amazing their children were in the Arena. I'm reunited with Caroline, who has gotten surgery on her arm and got to watch the rest of the games from the Capitol. We talk a lot, and I explain what had happened with Mandolyn. The last family we visit is Mandolyns' in District Two. I tell them that Mandolyn was an amazing person. Close to the end of the meeting, they start to cry. They go on and on about how 'wrong they were' about her.

There are nights where I have dreams about the fallen tributes. And the light on my leg and my hip is still there.

* * * 

"Come on!" I call to Cinna.

"Coming!" he yells back, catching up with me. "So, where are we going?"

"Close your eyes." I lead him to the garden in his house, where a new flower is growing.

"Can I open them now?"

"Yes."

He takes one look at the flower and smiles sadly.

In the Everdeens' garden, right next to the primroses, Tigerlilies are growing.

THE END