chapter 8

DELILAH VALANCE

i woke up with dallas in my lap, his arms around my stomach. i was still really really angry at him, not just because he hit me. but because he called me a whore and left me for sylvia at the party. i'm his bestfriend, and i know he was drunk but it still hurt. i don't know what i expected though. he's dallas winston. he had no heart. my door burst open and my moms eyes widened.

"is that dallas winston? in your bed?" she whisper yelled. i nodded and put a finger over my lips. she knew dal was my bestfriend and although she did think he was rather charming, and she grew to like him, she didn't like the idea of a hood in bed with her daughter.

"we didn't do anything, mom. he just had a rough night. johnny is asleep in my guest room." i told her. her face softened and she nodded, closing my door. cherry was next to burst in. her face scrunched up, and i couldn't read the emotion on her face. anger? no. betrayal? most definitely. tears glossed over her eyes and she ran out. i slipped out from underneath dallas and ran into her room.

"what the hell is your problem, sherri?" i only calmed her sherri when i was mad or annoyed with her, or when she was upset.

"what do you think is wrong? i'm in love with dallas, and you're practically stealing him from me! but i get it, because you're so beautiful and popular. why wouldn't he want you?" she yelled in my face. i gasped, surprised, but stood my ground.

"how dare you say that, sherri? we both had a horrible night and i was just comforting him! good luck with that by the way, because he's with sylvia."
i spat, my greyish eyes turning dark with anger. a tear rolled down her cheek, but she continued.

"you need to back off, bitch! dallas would never have it in him, you may be pretty but that's the only thing. once he figures out that you aren't gonna get down and dirty with him he's gonna stop being friends with you. he's using you, idiot! he could never love you, you're too annoying and self conceited! don't you see it? he will never like you! nobody will, and nobody does. you might as well just kill yourself or something! she screamed. my eyes turned dull,
and she opened her mouth to say something.

"can it, sherri."

i walked out of the room and saw johnny and dallas in the hallway. dallas with an unreadable expression and johnny looking a bit scared, or intrigued. the tears in my eyes made it hard to tell.

"i'm sorry i woke you guys. make sure johnny gets home safely, dal. i don't think i'm gonna see y'all for awhile." i gulped and johnny ran forward and wiped the tears from my cheeks. i was finally able to read the expression on dally's face, anger. he stormed passed me and walked towards her room.

"don't hurt her, please." my voice broke and he looked back at me, his face turning soft. he nodded and walked into her room. i turned to johnny, shaking violently. he brought me into my room and sat me down on the bed.

"are you scared of dallas?" he asked, holding onto my arm. i cried for a bit longer, but eventually shook my head. "i-i like him. but he doesn't want a relationship, he doesn't want me like that." i sobbed into his chest some more and he wrapped his arms around me comfortingly. "he likes sylvia. he thinks i'm a whore, he could never like me. i don't know why i would think any different." i looked over and saw dallas in my doorway, and i choked on my cries. he ran over to me and took me from johnny, caring me out the window and dragging johnny behind us. i didn't care where we were going at this point, i just wanted to leave.

————

we ended up at bucks and we dropped johnny off at the curtis house. i cried silently on dal's bed for awhile before he finally pulled me into his arms.

"please stop crying, i don't like seeing you cry." he wrapped his arms around me and i wiped my tears away.

"do you really think i'm a whore?" i sniffled.

"i don't think you're a whore, del. i'm not with sylvia. i was drunk, i don't know why i laughed with her. and i don't know why i hit you. i'm sorry." he apologized. dallas winston apologized.

"what did you say to cherry?" i sat up, rubbing my eyes. he stared at me for minute.

"i told her that there wasn't a chance, i would never date her. i told her i was interested in someone." he smirked. my heart fell, but i smiled at him.

"who's the lucky girl, dal?" i said, playfully pushing him.

"well," he started, a smirk playing on his lips. "she's real pretty. she's got these grey eyes. she has one hell of an attitude. she's basically a feisty redhead."

the smile dissipated from my lips, he smiled at me.

"she's got this smile, man. i don't know, she's my best friend. sometimes she's annoying but, i like her a lot." he shrugged. he removed his christopher from his neck and clasped it around my neck carefully.

"you wanna be my girl, del?" he raised his eyebrows, looking down at me. i smiled and passionately kissed him, eventually falling into his chest.