chapter 13

DELILAH VALANCE

i haven't been back to the curtis house since, you know. the incident. they had every right to be angry because of what somebody told them. yeah,
they should've asked me first, but they did. it was the fact that steve said "i always knew you were a whore." that's what got me. every time those words play in my head, i can't help the feeling that strikes my chest. i thought they got over the fact i was a popular soc, but i guess not.

unfortunately, only the DX had the gum i liked, and i'm literally convulsing from not having any gum. i'm not about to drive all the way out of town, and i've gone too long.

"what's wrong with you, babe?" dal asked, furrowing his eyebrows. i tightly wrapped my hair in a ponytail and walked towards my car. "i'm out of gum, let's go to the DX."

"are you sure? i mean i can take you-"

"i'll be fine, dally." i smiled, applying a thin layer of lipgloss.

soon enough, dallas pulled into the DX and i quickly hopped up. strutting into the store, i pushed the girls aside and grabbed a pack of gum, throwing it on the counter with 10 cents. soda pushed the change towards me and i shook my head.

"keep it, sodapop. along with your apology, i don't want it." i ripped over the gum and popped a piece in my mouth, pacing around the store. "i'm sorry i got angry, i know you don't want an apology but your my best friend. i should've known that you wouldn't cheat but it's just.."

"sandy, yeah. i'm not mad soda. but where's steve?" i smiled sweetly, but dal saw right through me. soda and dallas exchanged a look and i scoffed, pushing past soda and going to the garage. i walked up beside him a leaned against a wall, crossing my arms. he quickly hopped up from the floor and hugged me.

"get off of me steve, you're all greasy!" i shrieked, pushing him away. he chuckled and rolled his eyes. i winced at the bruised on his face, he looked horrible.

"thank god dally didn't kill ya." i shrugged, blowing a bubble. he laughed and went to say something, until we were rudely interrupted. "why the hell are you with this popular soc?" a girl ran up towards us, grabbing steve's arm.

"chill evie, she's my friend." steve shot her a glare and i laughed.

"calm down, hotshot. i have a boyfriend." i said, rolling my eyes. "yeah, like you could get a boyfriend. stop lying just because you're trying to get with my
boyfriend!" she whined. i ran into the DX and grabbed dallas, abruptly dragging him towards evie.

"YOU'RE dating dallas winston?" her eyes widened and i angrily popped my gum. "yes, now stop being a bitch and beat it, i'm not trying to get with your boyfriend." i screamed, laughing as she ran out.

"sorry, she can be a bitch sometimes." steve said, scratching the back of his neck. "clearly." dal said, hugging me from behind.

"the whole gang is real sorry, ya know." steve frowned, looking at his shoes. "it's whatever, stevie. i'm over it now."

"hey delilah i gotta go for a bit baby, you gonna be fine here?" dal asked. "yeah, i'll be fine! have fun sweetheart." i smiled, kissing his lips. he kissed back and ran out, determined to get somewhere.

"why's he in such a hurry?" soda asked, wiping some grease from his forehead. "not sure, he's probably going to slash tim's tires or something." they laughed.

i can't put into words how much i love this
boy, and how much i'm glad to have him back in my arms. if we're being honest, i can't live without him.