Chapter 6: Wesley

Chapter 6: Wesley

After my last surgery, I met Jeremy in the lobby. We were riding to the restaurant together. I was not excited about this outing, but I was doing it for Jeremy. If I needed anything, Jeremy would be there.

"That's what you're wearing," Jeremy questioned.

I was wearing a white Oxford button-up and slacks. I didn't see anything wrong with my attire. Jeremy, on the other hand, had on a polo shirt and jeans. Compared to him, I was a little overdressed.
"I thought we were going to some fancy restaurant?" I questioned.

"It's a Mexican restaurant with a dance floor," he informed me. "But I guess what you have on will have to do."

"For that comment, you're driving," I informed him.

He shrugged his shoulders and led the way to his car.

The whole way to the restaurant, Jeremy conversed about Crystal. He was falling for her, he didn't say this out loud, but I could tell. He talked about her smile and her intellect. It was a different kind of conversation. Jeremy usually talks about lips and breasts because those are his favorite body parts on a woman. Occasionally he will talk about a woman's butt too. Today, he informed me about Crystal's career with children with Autism. I just simply listened to him.

"I messaged Crystal, and she said they should be here in five minutes," Jeremy informed me once we pulled up to the restaurant.

I nodded my head as he led the way into the restaurant. The waiter sat us at a booth by the window.

The restaurant was nice, unlike that hole-in-the-wall where I met Nicole. It was full of bright red and orange colors. Mexican hand-cut tissue paper flags hung from a garland banner that lined the restaurant walls and over the center dance floor. A sombrero sat on top of a Mexican sarape table runner in the center of each table for a centerpiece. The lights were dimmed, giving the restaurant a romantic ambiance. Jeremy outdid himself this time. I could tell he was trying to make an impression.

"This is a nice restaurant," I informed Jeremy, who was staring out of the window. His face lit up as two beautiful women crossed the parking lot.

The shorter women I recognized. Her curly hair was pinned in a messy bun on top of her head this time, but I couldn't forget her face. She had a little blush accenting the cheeks of her golden almond skin. Even in the moonlight, I could see her big brown eyes.

"That's the woman who read my book," I informed Jeremy, who took his eyes off the tall woman.

The tall woman was most likely Crystal. She was just as beautiful as the other woman. Her mocha skin was flawless, and her long hair hung in curls down the middle of her back. She was wearing a knee-length dress that hugged her thin body.

"I know her," I raised my eyebrows. Jeremy never forgets a face but names he forgets all the time. "I can't remember her name, but she was kind of a patient of mines, I think. I mean, I only performed her surgery." Jeremy stopped talking as he noticed the two women walk into the restaurant.

Under the soft ambiance of the restaurant light, the woman with unruly curls appeared even more captivating, her features illuminated with a hint of red lipstick. She was dressed in a long, flowing gray dress that swayed gracefully with her movements. The fabric draped loosely over her figure, allowing glimpses of her curvy hips to peek through. Despite the simplicity of her attire, the dress seemed to be tailored perfectly for her, enhancing her natural grace and elegance.