ten

Everyone was seated around the dinner table, and the room erupted with laughter. Sky was getting along with almost everyone and with Diane and Ruby a little too well. But Rainbow was not sipping any tea, Sky spilled. Ruby and Diane were into everything Sky said. Junior was not surprised Sky loved insulting people, Diane is the dark one, and Grandma Ruby loves to scam. The combination of the 3 of them was dangerous for the entire family. During the dinner, Sky was taking shots at Junior, Diane was taking shots at Jack, and Ruby handled Dre and Bow, it was brutal. But brutally funny to the 3 of them.

"Junior you picked a good one. I like you Sky" Diane complimented

"Yeah! You're alright, Sky" Grandma Ruby said to Sky. "So what are your plans for my grandson?" Ruby asked the question on Junior's parent's minds.

"I don't have any plans, right now. Junior and I are just good friends, who have found ourselves in a tough situation. The only plan is to do right by this baby" Sky said Ruby smiled at her honest answer.

"How do two supposed 'friends' find themselves in a situation like this one? Hmm" Bow asked Sky, Sky was unsure how to answer the question, and unsure if it was rhetorical, so she stayed silent. "You say you plan to do right by this baby. So what is the plan? Do you plan on keeping the baby? If so, do you have insurance or even a job to support the baby? And don't tell me you planned to raise the baby in that sorority, you live in with Zoey. Motherhood is much harder than you think, it's not a game. The responsible plan for the baby would be adoption, and I suggest you two pick that option, because y'all are just two kids playing house, and the best plan for the baby are two responsible parents" Rainbow said, everyone was silent.

"I don't know where you got the impression that I thought this was a joke. I'm scared, and I worry every day if I'm making the right choices. Not only for me but for the baby. It's easy to think that Junior and I are not responsible enough to take care of a baby, I mean look at the situation we both got ourselves in. And honestly, I don't know a thing about being a mother, the only thing I know for sure is my baby belongs with me" Sky defended

"So adoption is just out of the question? Don't you have dreams? and you guys are still so young" Bow pushed

"I have a dream of becoming an Olympic gold medalist. Yes, my dream is in jeopardy, but this baby is obviously what God had planned for me. I'll deal with whatever comes my way." Sky said

"Mom, Sky, and I are still figuring out all the details, but we can't do it alone. I need your support and help in this" Junior pleaded with his mother. Bow sat there, the silence was deafening.

"I'm not going to enable you like we've been doing. We should have made you go to college! I mean look at the trouble you've gotten into because we let you decide" Bow huffed.

"Well, I get to decide what I do with my life. And I've decided I'm keeping my baby" Junior snapped back.

~

Bow was in the kitchen having yet another glass of wine, everyone had gone upstairs to bed after dinner. Dre came downstairs to comfort his wife, who was upset.

"Bow, what's going on? Why did you blow up at them like that? Although I commend you for doing it though. Even my mama commends you" Andre says to Bow

"I hate the fact that they are being so nonchalant about their situation! When have you ever seen Junior so chill about anything? It's this Sky girl, I think he likes her" Rainbow said

"Why don't you like Sky? I think she's lovely" Dre said

"Because she is exactly like your mother! I thought Junior would be with a girl, who was more like me! Not the woman, who makes my life hell" Bow cried.