thirteen

The next morning Sky got up early, and went downstairs and made breakfast for herself and Jazz. She made oatmeal with a side of fruit. After finishing making breakfast, she texted Jazz to come downstairs. Jazz came 2 minutes after her text and walked into the kitchen and smiled at the breakfast already made. Jazz was already dressed and ready for what it looked like track practice.

"You have practice on Sunday?" Sky questioned

"No, I'm just going to practice my sprints on the track. I've been putting in extra time to beat times" Jazz responded as she took a seat at the counter. Sky grinned proudly of her sister.

"Thanks for making breakfast" Jazz appreciated.

"Not a problem at all. So why didn't you tell me you and Doug broke up?" Sky asked straight to the point.

"Damn Sky, the oatmeal hasn't even cooled down yet" Jazz replies, and Sky stared at her waiting for an answer.

"It's not a big deal, Sky" Jazz lied.

"If it wasn't a big deal, then why didn't you tell me?" Sky asked, Jazz stayed quiet, and stared down at her steaming oatmeal. "I'm sick and tired of you treating me like I'm fragile. Contrary to your belief, I am strong, okay" Sky said setting the record straight.

"I ain't wanna tell you because I didn't want your input" Jazz lies

"And what's wrong with my input?" Sky asked her sister defensively.

"You know how you are. You lack the ability to empathize. Especially when you think you are right" Jazz said

"You act like I'm some cold-hearted bitch" Sky said, and Jazz gave her a look saying "Are you serious?". "I mean, you act like I'm cold-hearted to you" Sky corrected. Jazz sighed at the fact that Sky doesn't understand.

"Well, why is Doug out here blaming me? I know it was my advice, to break up. But I ain't force you to do it" Sky asked.

"Not breaking up, taking a break"

"Whatever, Doug thinks I'm the reason. And I need to know if you told him that"

"So what if I did? Like you said it was your idea"

"Yes, it was. But I didn't expect you to throw me under the bus. I ain't force you to break up"

"Taking a break"

Sky rolled her eyes "You need to tell Doug, that you fully believe that taking a break is what's best for you. Not that Sky said so." Sky said. "I know it's easy to make me the villain, but I thought you'd have my back. I thought we said we weren't going to keep things from each other. And here you going again. Keeping things from me" Sky said upset with Jazz. Jazz looked down at her oatmeal, guilty that she is doing exactly what he said she wouldn't do.

"Sky, you're right and I'm sorry. The real reason I didn't tell you, was because I didn't want to add any more drama to your plate. I don't need you feeling any kind of stress" Jazz admits

"I knew it. You have been treating me like I'm going to break, ever since I got out of the hospital and you need to stop. I'm a lot stronger than you think"

"I just don't want-" Jazz was interrupted by the front door swinging open and Ana and Doug walkthrough, and enter the house. Sky and Jazz look at the two of them, shocked.

"Wow. So this bitch really wants an ass whooping," Sky says looking at Jazz. "Ana, why can't you find a man that hasn't been with one of your so-called friends?" Sky asked prettily

"Sky, don't start" Doug stated

"I know you ain't talking because you deserve a backhand slap for what you did yesterday" Sky spat, Jazz still sat there quietly, and Sky took that as she wants to handle them alone. "You're both lucky, I'm pregnant," Sky said as she glared at the both of them, and went upstairs.