Chapter 2 Lillie

Eric's POV

I've been living with Toriel for a few days. She is very kind and always takes me for walks around the Ruins. We also go hunting for snails for Moms snail themed foods. There more delicious than they sound, but I need to be wary and listen out for and cries for help. The next human is soon falling into the underground. Today I think is the day that they are going to be falling into the underground.

I wake up from a nightmare about what may happen in the future with the king. I brush it off and decide to get a glass of water. I was sitting in the kitchen considering what will happen when all 7 humans fall. A voice breaks through my deep thoughts.

"Good morning my child. Your up early." Toriel says in shock.

"Yeah I guess I am." I chuckle to myself.

"So what are you thinking about that has gotten you in such deep thought?" Toriel asks.

"A lot of things. There are a lot of things clouding my mind." I say.

"Care to explain?" Toriel said.

"I'm just thinking about when the next human will fall." I sigh.

Toriel froze up. "I-interseting topic y-your thinking about." She chuckled. I shrug.

We eat breakfast and take our daily stroll through the Ruins. "Toriel, how old was Asriel when he died." Toriel stopped walking and sighed. "Its ok you don't have to talk about it." I tried to comfort.

She was about to say something until we heard a scream. "HELP!" A feminine voice screamed. We both started running to where I fell. We reach the room where Flowey resides and he was throwing "Frendlyness Pellets" at the girl. I run in front of her and all the pellets hit my arm badly damaging it badly making it bleed. I collapse to my knees in pain.

Mom throws a fire ball at Flowey sending him packing. Toriels runs towards me and the girl. "Oh my god, are you alright!" The girl yells in panic.

"Could b-be better." I groan with a fake smile clenching my arm. Toriel runs over to be and I show her my arm.

"It looks badly broke and bruised. Come now children." Toriel said picking me up. "So what is your name my child?" Toriel asked the girl in a soft voice.

"Oh me, I'm Lillie. I came from the town near Mt. Ebott. I was abused by my family in many ways I'd rather not talk about." The light blue haired girl said.

"Thats horrible! Who would do such thing like that to a pretty girl like you." I yell then realizing what I said. I hide my face in my good arm blushing.

"Y-you think I'm p-pretty?" Lillie said. "I've never been called pretty by anyone. My family always called me ugly and disgusting."

"Please my child don't ever think of yourself as ugly. Like Eric said you are a pretty girl." Toriel said. We both blush.

By the time we finished our chat we reached home. Toriel carried me to my room and went to get adhesive bandages and medicine. Lillie takes a seat next to me. "How are you holding up?" Ahe asked me.

"Meh. Not the first time I've broken a bone. Doesn't change the fact that it hurts." I sigh.

She wrapped her arm around my shoulder and pulled me into a hug. "Im really sorry for causing so much trouble already." She said with a blush.

I look at her while we are both blushing. "Its not your fault. I wanted to take the blow. I would much rather me to get hurt than you." I whisper. "Everbody thought of me as scared, a whimp, pathetic, weak, and selfish."

"Really? I think your kind of a dare devil doing something as reckless as saving a pathetic soul like me." Lillie said tearing up.

"No please don't cry! You'll make me cry." I said hugging her tighter. She looked at me with tears sparkling in her eyes. She starting crying into my chest. My face heating up even more.

"Im sorry. I've never had anybody to vent to. You've really helped me. My family made my life hell. I'd be lying if I said you weren't the nicest person I've ever met." She cried.

"I was bullied at school and never had any friends." We both said at the same time. We look at each other and we both laugh.

Toriel walks in with the first aid kit. She looks at my shirt seeing a wet spot  and looking at Lillie with her eyes sparkling with water. "Are you ok Lillie?" Toriel asked worried.

"N-no I'm fine." She replied.

"Um ok then. Eric how's your arm?" Toriel said sitting next to us on the bed looking at my arm. After about 10 minutes of treating my arm I get ready to go to bed. I walk over to mom.

"Hey mom where is Lillie going to sleep?" I ask.

"On the sofa. Why do you ask?" Toriel looked at me inquisitively.

"I just feel bad."

"Why?"

"I, n-never mind."

I walk back to my room to see Lillie sitting upright sleeping. I walk over to her and shake her. "Please no mom don't hurt me I just want to sleep for a little bit longer." I freeze. 'I didn't think that they physically abused her.' I thought to myself. I shake her again. "No mom please!" She sleep talked. I grabbed her shoulder and shook her awake. "NO!" Lillie yelled panting.

"You ok Lillie?" I asked. She slowly nodded her head.

"Lillie come here my child!" Toriel called.

"Good night Lillie." I said hugging her. "Don't worry if your ever scared don't hesitate to wake me up or sleep with me." She nodded hugging back. Lillie walked out of my room and I layed down on my bed and fell asleep.