9

"Hey, you guys are gonna have to find another ride after school. I'm going over to Jackies" Tyler says walking up to us. "What, you took it to school with you" He says looking at the music box in Kinsey's backpack.

"I am keeping it safe" she reasons him, he rolls his eyes walking away. When Kinsey closes her locker Scot is behind it, I take this as my cue to leave.

I walk over to the cafeteria and sit down. I open my bag and grab my food, I start eating but then someone falls on the ground. I quickly stand up and help the girl off of the ground, she looks at me and quickly smiles.

"Physical comedy isn't easy, guys. Think I nailed it" she says bowing down, I walk over to a table with her. "Are you okay?" I ask.

She nods, "I am Eden" she says. I am about to reply when she suddenly stands up and climbs on the table. I look around and see Kinsey looking our way with the music box in her hand, I stand up and try to get Eden off of the table.

I then don't have control over my body anymore, I climb on the table and Eden throws a milkshake over my head. Eden then drops everything and apologizes to me, I finally get control over my own body again and look over at Kinsey. She is laughing at me and starts talking to the music box again.

Eden walks over to a statue and starts kissing it, I lose control again and start acting like a chicken. I look around and see that everybody is filming us.

This goes on for about a good five minutes, until I have the control again. I run out of the cafeteria and without even stopping by my locker, I run out of the school and call Nina.

She picks up after two rings and comes pick me up. When she arrives at my school I see Bode sitting in the car as well.

The whole ride home is silenced and I just look out of the window, when we arrive at the Key House, I run up to the door and sprint upstairs. I take a shower and change into my pajamas.

~~~

I lay in bed reading a book, when I start to hear arguing downstairs. I open the door to listen to what they are saying.

"But the worst part is, that you didn't only use the key on Eden, you also used it on your own best friend!" Tyler shouts, "I know" Kinsey sighs. "You humiliated her in front of the whole school!" He continues.

"She started to help Eden" Kinsey reasons, "Yeah, that's how she is! She helps people" Tyler yells at her. I go back upstairs and sit down on my bed with tears in my eyes, I hear footsteps near my room so I quickly stand up and lock my door.

"Angel, can you please open the door?" I hear Kinsey ask, I turn of my lights and close my curtains.

I lay in bed and finally let my tears fall.

I must've fallen asleep because when I wake up it's dark outside. I get out of my room and walk downstairs, I see Kinsey sitting in a chair. I walk up to her and sit down in the chair next to her.

"Look Angel, I am so sorry. I didn't know what I was doing" She tells me, I look at her and smile. "I can't stay mad at you for long, so tell me. You and Scot?" I ask. She smiles and speaks up, "So we kind of are a thing now" she tells me.

"Go get him Kins" I happily exclaim, "How about you, any boys you like?" She asks me. "Well I do like someone, but please don't get mad at me" I tell her, "As long as it's not Scot" she says laughing. I shake my head and look down.

"No actually it's Tyler" I tell her, I look up and see her smile. "I knew it, I knew it since the day we talked about Jackie" she squeals. I smile at her and pull her into a big hug.

The front door opens and Tyler steps into the house. "I've been waiting for you" Kinsey tells him. "Tyler".

"Jesus Kinsey, just give it a rest for tonight" He tells her and walks past us like we don't exist, Kinsey and I stand up from our seats and walk behind him. "Tyler, look I know things aren't great with us right now, but I really need to talk to you" Kinsey says.

"I actually feel good for once, so please just stay out of my hair" He snaps. "Okay, well. That's new" I tell him curiously.

"Yeah, Jackie and I kissed" He says looking at me, I try my hardest not to let him show that I'm hurt. "Oh, I am happy for you." I say, my voice breaking slightly. Kinsey looks at me and gives me a sad smile. Tyler looks at me questionably waiting for an explanation.

"I'm sorry I am just having a rough day" I tell him, he nods and Kinsey starts talking again but I block it out, I am trying to process that I will never have a chance with Tyler.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy that he found someone. That she is nice and all, but I just kind of hoped it was going to be me.

"Do you guys hear that?" Kinsey asks snapping me out of my thoughts. They start walking towards the whispers but I stay still, "Hey Angel, are you coming?" Tyler asks. I shake my head and say "I am not feeling like it today, see you guys tomorrow".

I walk upstairs and follow my feet into Bode's room. "Bode are you still awake?" I ask, "Yes" I hear Bode mumble. I sit down on his bed and let some tears fall.

"What's wrong" he asks me, "Did you have another nightmare?". "No, Bode, Tyler and Jackie kissed" I tell him. "I didn't know who else to go to, and besides you give the best hugs" I tell him wiping away my tears.

He sits up and pulls me in a hug. "Can you read me a story?" he asks me, "Sure" I reply. I lean against the headboard of his bed and grab a book. Bode rests his head on my shoulder and listens to the story I am telling him.

Not much later we both fall asleep.