17

We walk out of Ellie's head, back into reality. And Kinsey immediately starts talking, "When Bode and Angel met Dodge, he was a she" she says. Ellie slightly nods her head, "She can use the Identity key to transform into any form she thinks will be most useful" she explains.

"So Dodge is.. an echo?" Kinsey asks, "How do we get rid of it?" she continues. I am also very interested in this so I look over at Ellie, "It can't get killed by normal means, believe me, I've tried, but it can be trapped in the well house" Ellie explains. "The problem is getting it in there" she adds.

I sigh and sit down on the couch, thinking of a way to get rid of the echo. "We have a way" Bode says, I turn my head towards him and raise an eye brow. He shows a key, the key for the Crown of shadows.

"It's the key for the crown of shadows, whoever wears the crown can create and control powerful shadows" Ellie explains seeing the puzzled looks on Tyler and Kinsey's face.

"It'll do whatever they want" she continues, I stand up from the couch and take a closer look at the key. It's gold and it has a little flame in it. I look up from the key and over at Kinsey, she is looking at Tyler and then at me. "Like force a demon echo into a well house?" Bode asks.

"Exactly like that"

Tyler steps up from behind Ellie and asks, "so where is this crown?". Ellie spins around to face us and responds "It's back at my place. I'll get it".

"We'll be here waiting" Kinsey tells the older woman, I nod my head. Ellie and Rufus walk over to the door, they look at us and nod their head.

"Wait!" I shout, I run over to them and hug them both. "Be careful" I say, Ellie nods and Rufus puts his and up to his head and says "Yes, ma'am". I smile at them and they walk out of the door. I turn back around and sit down on the couch again.

Bode comes up to me and sits on my lap, Tyler sits down beside me and Kinsey sits down on the couch across from us.

We sit like that for a long time until Bode stands up, he grabs my arm and drags me to the balcony. Tyler and Kinsey following directly behind us.

We stare at the dark and empty yard in front of us, "Where is Ellie?" Kinsey asks getting a bit frustrated. It has been almost an hour now, "It's only been an hour" Tyler responds calmly. Even though he looks calm you can still see the nervousness in his face and in the way he is rocking back and forth on his heel.

"She should've been here by now with the crown" Bode says, "I am just hoping nothing bad has happened" I tell them.

"We just need to wait, and stay ready" Tyler reassures us, I am now tapping my foot on the floor and playing with my own fingers from being so nervous and worried.

"What happens if mom comes home?" Kinsey asks, I shrug my shoulders but Tyler responds. "This will be all over by then". In the corner of my eye I see something move, I slowly turn my head in that direction and squint my eyes to see better.

Bode must've noticed too because he is shaking my arm. "Uh... Guys?" Bode and I say, "Look" Bode continues pointing at the darkness that I swear was moving a few seconds ago. Dodge.

She is walking up to the Key house in a black dress, "I hope you don't mind, I invited some friends" she speaks up. Dodge puts the Crown of shadows on her head and to my surprise I am not scared, I'm just worried.

Are Ellie and Rufus alright? How did she get the key? Are we gonna die?

"Shit" Kinsey mutters, Dodge dramatically lifts up her hands and her shadow grows larger. "Just.. a scare tactic" Tyler tries to calm us down. "Shadows are just shadows" I tell them, Tyler nods in agreement.

Just as I said that the shadows threw a car to the other side of the yard. My eyes widen and I look at Tyler, "Get inside, Now!" he says pushing us all inside.

We run down the stairs and look outside the window, "Help me barricade the door!" Kinsey says. While Kinsey, Tyler and I barricade the door, Bode grabs his lightning sword.

"What do you see?" I ask as Tyler looks out of the window, "There is nothing out there" he replies. "I don't like this" Bode sighs, I walk over to him and kneel in front of him to his height. "Bode listen to me okay, you are gonna be fine. We are gonna be fine! You don't have to worry" I tell him.

He nods his head and I stand back up. "It's too quiet, I'm gonna check upstairs" Tyler says. "Not without me" Kinsey says as Tyler runs up the stairs. Bode quickly follows saying "You can't just leave me here.

I stand still seeing a shadow, Kinsey follows my gaze and calls for Tyler. Tyler and Bode rush back to us and both suck in a breath as they see the shadow.

The shadow is opening the urn with Rendell's ashes and turning it upside down, obviously looking for the Omega key.

Tyler runs forward, "Stop!" he yells. Right before he could grab the urn, he is yanked back by another shadow. "Tyler!" I cry taking a step forward, he is pushed against a wall. Lifted off of the ground by his neck.

I run into the room careful not to be seen by the shadows. The shadow holding the urn drops it and signs that there is no key, the shadow holding Tyler turns around. "Where is it?" she screeches at him.

Just then the lights turn back on and Tyler falls back to the ground. I immediately rush over to his side and hug him, he lays a hand on my back as he catches his breath.

"It's the lights, that's what stops them." Bode realizes, "Okay, turn on all the lights" Kinsey demands. I let go off Tyler and we start to turn on all of the lights.