Chapter Fourteen

Jay’s POV

He’s handsy, I’ll tell you that. I force myself to act as if I enjoyed it. I found I wasn’t doing a good job but he’s drunk, if I told him I’m a vampire he’ll probably believe it. The walk to my house is short and the whole time he has his arms around me. I let him kiss my neck and rub his hands on my chest. We reach my front steps and he removes his lips from my neck, leaving a trail of spit. I had to resist punching him in the face.

I open the door and let him go in first. “Nice place you got here.”

“Thanks.” I take off my jacket and throw it on the couch. He turns around and gives me a smug smile. He pushes me against the wall, leaning in to attack my neck again. “Would you like to something to drink?” I offer, pushing him off of me.

I head to the kitchen and I hear him let out a frustrated growl. “Let’s just get this over with.”

“I take it slow, if you don’t mind.” I give him my best innocent look. “I would like to get to know you.”

“What’s there to talk about?” He says, leaning against the counter. “It’s a quick fuck.”

“Fine, if that is all you want.” I pushed my body up against his, grabbing him by the neck and kissed his lips. He reaches for the hem of my shirt and pulls it off of me, slobbering his saliva on my chest. I shivered and he chuckled. He probably thought I was enjoying this. I wasn’t. I smiled when he bent down and gave me full access to reach over and grab the kitchen knife. He began unbuttoning my buckle and stopped short when I grabbed onto his hair.

“I’m not even done yet.” He says. He winces when I tighten my grip.

“Did you really think I would let you do this to me?” I make him stand up.

He sees the knife and lets out a nervous laugh. “I’m not really into the whole S&M shit.”

My stomach lets out a dying whale noise. I hold my stomach, nearly dropping the knife. Fuck, I’m hungry. Spike sobers up when I fall to knees, groaning in pain. He kneels down in front of me. “Fuck.” I let out a whimper.

“Hey, Jay, what’s up?” He falls back when I look at him. He crawls back and he looks scared shitless. “You’re one of them.”

“Who Spike?”

“Don’t play bullshit with me.” He’s fucking terrified now.

“What’s the matter, Spike?”

 “It’s no secret. People around here know about vampires.”

“What are you talking about?”

Maybe it was because I was hungry or I watched too many serial killers movies but I held up the knife and I kept hearing the Psycho violin theme in my head. He tries to get up but I’m faster. I push him against the fridge and grab his wrist. He struggles and he chokes on his screams.

I found an alternative. I didn’t need fangs.

“Not cool.” I frown. “You got blood on my shirt.”

I woke up the next day in my bed with my bed soaked. My hair was wet and I heard the showering running in the washroom. I got up and turned it off. Why was the washroom running? But from my wet hair and my bed soaked, I’m guessing I had taken a shower. For one thing I was butt naked and water trailed from the tub all the way to my bed. I sighed. It was just water.

I walked to my kitchen after getting dressed and forced myself to drink water. Water was the only thing that I could stomach and I tried to drink it often. But it was helpless because all I wanted was blood and since Jane stopped coming after I broke up with Nathan, I didn’t have anyone to fetch me a dead animal. I tried to hunt for a rat but all I did was walk around for an hour trying to look for one. I was pathetic at being a creature that stalks the night. Some vampire I am.