Chapter Nineteen

Jay’s POV

Nathan quickly wiped at his eyes and nose and laughed at himself. I leaned down and kissed his cheek. Would he really do that? Would he kill himself if I didn’t survive? I’m shocked and a little drained out. Nathan takes my hand and we start walking in the direction of the pub. When we were in front of it, I noticed that the lights were down and there was no music coming from the inside.

“What’s going on?” I said. There’s a huge crowd around the entrance and I pulled Nathan with me to get a better view.

Buddy was standing in front of the doors with his arms crossed over his chest. A couple of people were asking why the pub was closed. “We have a pipe problem, it exploded this morning and we are currently trying to fix it. I’m sorry but the pub will be closed until we have fixed the pipe, clean the mess and fully inspected the problem.”

The crowd began to disperse and before Buddy went back inside, he spotted me in the crowd. He gave me a glare before he slammed the door shut behind him. Nathan tightens his grip on my hand and pulls me back. “Let’s go.”

“I should help.” I said.

“I doubt he’s telling the truth.” He said, looking around the area. “Buddy’s one of them, a hunter, and I can’t sense Tom anywhere.”

“Nathan!” We both looked up and saw Jane running towards us. Nathan let go of my hand and pulled her in a tight hug. “I was so worried.” She let go of him and pulled me in a hug.

“What is it, what’s wrong?”

I’ve never seen Jane like this; she always seemed to have herself together. But she’s out of breath and she looks scared. She lets go of me and turns to Nathan. “He’s asking for Jay.”

“Who?” I asked.

“Tom.”

“Why is he looking for me?”

“Nathan please, you and Jay have to come with me.” She grabs his arm and my hand but Nathan stops her.

“I don’t trust Tom.” He says between his teeth and his eyes turn red. He pulls his arm away from her roughly. “What did you do, Jane?”

She grimaced and stepped back. “I’m sorry.”

“What did you do?” Nathan snapped loudly, grabbing her by her shoulders roughly.

“They were torturing my men. They had us hostage.” She said, shoving him away. She was tearing up and she looked at. “I’m so sorry, Jay.”

“You traitor.” Nathan hissed. An animal noise came from him and he growled. “I trusted you.”

“You would’ve done the same thing if Jay was in their position.” She silenced him. She turns to me and grabs my hand. “Look I don't know what they want but Jay, you need to come with me.”

I look at Nathan but he’s not saying anything. Why was Tom looking for me? I let Jane lead me and I look over my shoulder to see if Nathan was following us. I relaxed when he was. We walked for twenty minutes when we stopped by an underground train stop. We went down and as we went down further, it was getting darker. Jane was leading us where there were no lights. I looked around and saw that the area was deserted.  I reached behind me and at the same time Nathan grabbed my hand. I jumped when the lights suddenly turned on and we were standing in the center. Nathan wraps his arms around my waist and tightens his grip when I realize about twenty men were surrounding us, forming a circle.

“You led us into a trap.” Nathan growled.

Without looking at us Jane lets go of my hand and walks toward Tom. They both exchange a look but they don’t say anything. Tom steps aside and with a hand gesture indicating she can leave, Jane suddenly is nowhere to be seen.