Chapter 1: Deadman Walking

A/N: Welcome, lovely reader, to my grand return!! A warning that, *gasp!*, There's some MAJOR spoilers for Marble Hornets (okay, mainly just this first chapter XD!) So BEWARE!!!

Also, please consider following, commenting, and maybe even voting please! All us Slenderverse fans gotta calibrate!! 

This will be featuring several Slendervlogs, so, buckle in and enjoy the ride you lovely humans!!!!I

Let's start my return with a bang...

Third Person P.O.V

BANG

Jay Merrick jumped, unsure what had just happened. Until he felt the pain. The burning. Alex had pulled the trigger. He saw the muzzle flash. But, it couldn't have hit him...

He looked down at the blood forming on his T-Shirt.

He knew he was going to die.

He forced himself to run, but his legs had become uncoordinated. He couldn't make it far, so he hid in an old service room. Static filled his ears as he followed the wall down. He let go of his camera and lifted a shaking hand, pulling back blood coated fingers. This is it. He tried to stay calm, taking deep breaths like Tim said, but they hurt too much. He needed to be alert, he had to get back to Tim.

Tim. Where's Tim?

His mind was fuzzy, trying to remember if Tim was at his house or in the woods. Was he around Benedict Hall? He couldn't remember. His vision flickered, and he spotted something dark past the brim of his hat. He lifted his head and just like that, he stopped breathing.

There it stood, across the room. He opened his mouth to speak, but couldn't get the air in. He tried to stand, but his body was too weak. This is it. I'm going to die. It's over. He decided they moment to stop fighting. He was too tired. Too many years were gone. He looked at the tall, faceless creature, matching it's eyeless stare. It tilted it's head. He was afraid. He was regretful. But he wasn't going to go crawling to that thing like Alex did. He'd die with that- if anything- to give him comfort.

It reached out, and his vision darkened. His body relaxed and his final breath was gone to the dusty abandoned school...

Jay felt pain. Immense pain from his stomach. Aren't I supposed to be dead already? His face contorted to match the growing burning pain. Then something cool touched his forehead.

His eyes darted open, only to see it was a hand, connected to a black figure.

He tried to jump back, but found himself on the ledge of a table. Breath rushed back into his lungs as he looked around. It was as if the world had gone to a black and white negative. It was bleak and lonely, other than himself, the figure, and a door standing a few feet away.

"Be calm, Jay Merrick," The shadowy man said with a raspy voice, the two white points and a white smile being the only facial features discernible, "You have just returned." "T-to what?" He questioned shakily, trying to steady himself as he propped himself up on an elbow. "To life..."

The door burst open, a group of figures poured in. The original stood up quickly, clearly caught off guard. "Ah, Firebrand," another spoke as he approached, Firebrand taking a defensive stance between Jay and the shadow with shining glasses, "I knew of course of your insubordination, but why for him? Why side with him after this all?" Firebrand did not answer. He didn't move.