Chapter 6: The Funeral

A/N; listening to "The Hanging Tree" by Karliene 

Welcome back y'all! Today, we will be introducing a character who I strangely enjoy writing! So yeah, this was fun! It's short, but sweet of a chapter, but there's a lot of crap gonna go down! So enjoy!!

"Are we too late?" Vinny asked, eyes glued out the window.

"Maybe not." Jay said, hopefully.

They came to a stop as a man stood over a freshly covered grave, still in a black suit, shirt, and tie. Jay got out and approached, the rest following close behind. He looked up, intense eyes glaring back. Jay turned his head, revealing the symbol carved there. The lanky, gothic man flashed a dark grin, "I prefer ink, but whatever suits you." "You know about it?" "I live it every day," He sighed, looking at the grave, "Tyler couldn't, though. Gavin's over in another cemetery, he died a few weeks back..."

"I'm Jay Merrick," He held out a hand, "We're trying to solve a mystery about-" the man turned and started walking away, cutting through the cemetery to the gate, flipping the bird over his shoulder.

Alana stepped up, "Let me try, okay?" He nodded and she was off, jogging to catch up with him.

Out of earshot, she said, "I know who you are." "He kept walking, not replying. "I don't think anyone else does, but I do. I watch your channel, Xakk. You have... a bond, with it." "Yep." He said, words tinted with annoyance.

"Look," She pleaded, "we need to get these people together. We're following these maps-" He stopped, turning sharply to face her, "I don't need to get into your little mess." "You're already in it." She snapped back, holding her ground.

He shook his head as a car pulled through the gates, "Why should I?" "To get out of this mess," She explained, "I would kill to get out of it. You're just as miserable as me-probably a little more now-" She gestured back towards the grave, "-so what is there to lose, compared to what you can get?" He didn't reply, but his face had softened. He was thinking.

A car door closed, a woman coming across the lawn. "I got here as soon as I could, Xakk," She said, "I'm sorry-" "You?" Alana gasped, finding the girl from the park. She looked back, recognizing in her eyes. "Well, you drive pretty quick." "You beat us here." Alana noted, then asked, "Who are you?" "My name's Tatiana, but call me TJ," She explained, "I've been friends with the boys here for a while..."

The three approached the van, "Two more." Alana called, pride barely hidden. "We're running out of car space," Josh joked, Vinny darkly muttering, "Until people start dying..." Noah raised an eyebrow, turning back to them, "Well, umm, do you have a map?" "No." "Okay, great. Well, we can check at your house."

The car door flew open, Austin running out with his phone, "Jay! Your guy! Tim! He uploaded!" He took the phone, seeing it was paused at the end of the video, with a sentence that makes his heart drop.

'I'm going after Alex. Now.'

"Crap," he said, "Crap, crap, crap." "Jay?" Noah called as he began walking away, "Where are you-" "Tim's gonna face Alex!" He snapped, "As in now. I need to leave now." "We just need to-" "We can take my car!" TJ volunteered. He nodded, then Vinny added "I want to go with them... incase Habit..." Josh asked, "Room for one more?"

Noah said, "Okay, let's do this. Find him, and take cover." "We'll call as soon as we get anything," Jay said, "Good luck." He sprinted toward the car, the others following. Josh waved and called "We'll see you all, on the dark side of the moon!" then joined them.

Noah, Xakk, Alana, and Austin drove over the Ohio River and into Indiana to Xakk's house. "Down here." he pointed, lighting a cigarette. "Umm, no smoking please," Noah asked, "I just found out this'll be my home for a little while..."

They pulled up into the driveway, where nothing seemed out of the ordinary, but Xakk muttered, "Who the f**k...?" a man looked back out the window at them, the man with the gloves. They got out and entered the house. "Hey?!" Noah called, "Come out, buddy!" Austin and Xakk make a quick search, but find no one. Alana called out, them all circling behind her. On the livingroom floor, a small puddle of blood soaked into the carpet and a small piece of paper with five words.

'It's about to get worse...'

~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~

If you know my enjoyment of chaos in stories, you will know that the gloved man's words carry weight! I'm having SO much fun with this story! I wanna just take a minute to thank you guys for enjoying it with me! It took a little bit to get going, but now there are quite a few of you! Thank you! And I hope to make this series get only better and darker from here!! THANKS Y'ALL!

I LOVE YOU GUYS! STAY SAFE AND THANKS FOR READING!!!! HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

- J <3