Chapter 1: This is Just the Beginning

It started as a relatively normal night at the Loomis household. Billy and his sister Sarah were watching the Exorcist together, but it was the TV edit, and neither of them exactly liked that. You see, Billy and Sarah are horror movie nerds, even though they preferred different types of horror movies. Billy liked his slashers, while Sarah liked more psychological horror. After some time, Billy had finally had enough.

"You know what, I think I'm gonna go out." He says.

"Going to see your girlfriend?" Sarah teased.

"Maybe. If Dad asks, I decided to call it a night." Billy replies.

"Fine. I get caught, it's on you." Sarah says before going back to the movie.

Sometime later, their father, Hank, entered the room.

"Where's Billy?" He asked.

"Said he got tired. Went to bed." Sarah lied.

"Oh, well, don't stay up too late." Hank says.

"Yeah, I know." Sarah replies. About a half hour later, she turned off the TV and called it a night.

What Sarah didn't know was that her brother wasn't just going to see his girlfriend. There was a secret he kept from her. And things were only going to get crazier for her after tonight. Crazier than she could ever imagine.

The next morning, she got up and got ready for school. She threw on some blue jeans, a red t-shirt, and black boots. She brushed her hair, which was dark red with some blonde highlights before adding a headband and grabbing her backpack. With that set, she left her room to eat breakfast before heading out.

"Hey, Sarah. Come look at this." Billy says as soon as she enters the room.

"What's up?" Sarah asks, then she sees what her brother is talking about. There was a news article that was talking about how two of their classmates were just killed last night. "Oh, shit."

"Yeah. Sounds like we're gonna be seeing police and reporters at school today." Billy says.

"Wait, they didn't cancel?" Sarah asks.

"Doesn't seem like it." Billy responds.

There was silence for the rest of the morning until it was time to leave. They lived within walking distance of Woodsboro High, so they just headed out the door before a female voice called after them.

"Sarah! Billy!" It was Rose Regina, one of Sarah's friends. Tailing behind her was Stu Macher, Rose's boyfriend and Billy's best friend. "Did you guys hear what happened?"

"Yeah." Sarah responds. "Found out just earlier. I can't believe it."

The group continued to talk until they reached the school and had to split up for classes. Most of class was silent, with a few students being called out as the police were interrogating everyone.

A/N: Hope you enjoyed the first chapter of this story! I'm really excited about this one!

~Sarah_Renai