Chapter 9

Chapter 9: Advertisements

"America, I don't mean to be rude, but why do you have so many flashy advertisements on everything?" Germany said grumpily as he glanced around him. He and America were walking towards the office building where the meeting was being held, which just happened to be right in the middle of New York.

"Huh, what do you mean?" America said looking around him. "Oh, I guess I've never really noticed before."

"How could you not notice?" Germany asked raising an eyebrow. "I see advertisements on buses, taxis, store windows, newspapers, and even on people. I swear, for every thirty minutes I watch T.V. in this country, I see at least forty minutes of commercials."

"Well," America said with a shrug, "I guess I've learned to tune it all out. Of course, the same thing applies with my citizens. They also have learned to tune out advertisements, so companies have to make even flashier ads in order for people to notice."

"That's so strange." Germany said shaking his head.

America and Germany walked into the office building, and went into the meeting room. America was surprised to see England banging his computer on the conference table, swearing loudly.

"England, why are you trying to kill your computer?" America asked nervously.

"YOU'RE THE REASON!" England shouted at America, making America jump back in surprise. "FROM THE MOMENT I GOT OFF THE BLOODY PLANE, MY COMPUTER HAS BEEN SPAMMED BY THESE STUPID FUCKING POP-UP ADS TO THE POINT WHERE IT HAS OVERLOADED!"

"I'm sorry?" America offered as he hurriedly went to the other side of the room to avoid the fury of the English man. However, he was stopped by France, who looked rather annoyed.

"Uh, hi." America said shrinking away from France.

"America, I was woken not once, not twice, but three times last night by people trying to sell me things." France said with a frown.

"I'm sorry, but I don't exactly control the advertising rate of businesses." America said glancing around him. "Um, has this happened to everyone?"

"More or less." France said with a nod. "In fact, I think Russia was looking for you."

"Um, I just remembered that I had to call someone." America said as he ran out the door. As he ran down the hall, he made a mental note to call his boss and make sure that he put the rest of the countries phone numbers on the "Secret phone numbers that no advertisements can reach" list.

A/N: If you live in America, you may have noticed that ads have been getting pretty bad lately. *cough*Youtube*cough* But people in America have just learned to ignore most of the advertisements, seeing as there isn't much we can do about it. (I may be wrong there, but hey, I don't know everything.)

( Also this fanfic is from 2015 )