18

Tonight is the full moon and the pack is up at the crack of dawn to make sure everything is prepared for the initiation. I had left everything to the Betas to decide what was what, telling them to surprise me. So here I am at breakfast listening to the speculation and rumors as to what our new pack members are going to be asked to do before they become part of our Wolfe Pack. The week started with rumors of everything from swimming the lake to running around it. Now they are saying a giant bear has been brought in for each of them to fight and they will have to run the mountain. All I can do is shake my head and smile, what wonderful imaginations my pack has.

"Taste this", Merri says, forcing a mug into my hand.

"Isn't it a little early for mystery drinks?" I say sniffing the mug, "What's in this anyway I don't remember seeing."

"Just try it", Merri is a great pack member, works her hardest and gets her work done, but no patience.

With a raised eyebrow I give her a hard look before turning up the mug and downing the contents. "Oh my Goddess, what is this?"

Merri's voice is now softened and she begins to shy away, "Do you not like it"?

"Merri, this is the best thing I've ever tasted. What is it?" I tell her licking my lips.

"Honey Ale, you really like it?" She still looks shocked.

"I do, how much do you have? Enough for the whole pack?" I would love to share this with the pack tonight.

"Not really. Sorry, I just made two barrels that were all the barrels we had." She tells me with a shrug.

"That's OK, we will let the winners of today's contests take a mug," I tell her with a grin. "Bet that gets their competitive ire up," I tell her, laughing.

As she turns to go and I tap the bottom of the mug trying to shake the last lingering drops into my mouth, "Merri what else can you make"?

The moon wasn't as bright or as close as it had been on Ceremony night but Goddess it was pretty. The day had been full of games and competitions to see who the fastest pup, youngling, mature, mated, female, male, elder you think of a combo it was in there. We wrestled, sparred, swam, jumped, in skin and fur. There were even cooking competitions. I volunteered for the first one, I quickly learned not to volunteer . But it didn't matter, the pack was happy and we all had a wonderful time.

Late in the afternoon all the new members were brought out and introduced to the pack, they ran and sparred, answered questions and showed off their talents. Now the moon is rising in the sky and we all are gathered in the glade to welcome our new members by the light of the Mother's glow. One by one they step up and cut their hand as I cut mine, we taste each other's blood creating the bonds that make us pack. We are now linked. "Do you swear by the light of the Mother to honor your pack until your soul returns to the Moon"?

A roar of "Yea" rolls over me.

"Do you swear by the light of the Mother to remain Loyal to your pack until your soul returns to the Moon?"

Another "Aye".

"Do you swear to by the light of the Mother to honor to Follow the Laws of this pack till your soul returns to the Moon?"

Yet again a "Yea".

Beta Molly steps up and asks, "Do you swear by the light of the Mother to honor your Alpha, to obey her and treasure her, until your soul returns to the Moon"?

This has the largest roar with an "Aye" coming from all the pack members.

Turning away from the moon to face the Pack I announce, "Wolfe Pack may I introduce you to your new family"!