Chapter Two

"Hello son, hello Snufkin." Moominpapa cheered as he fixed his hat. "Good afternoon Moominpapa." Snufkin said happily, him and Moomin both took a seat at the table next to each other. "Took you long enough." Little My stabbed her fork into her food, "What were you doing up there anyway? You even locked your door." Little My hinted. Snufkin rolled his eyes and picked at his food, "Nothing of your concern." Moomin exclaimed, he started to eat his food quietly.

"Snufkin, what are you thinking about doing when winter comes?" Moominmama suddenly asked. Last winter, he stayed a little longer than usual but still ended up leaving. He stayed until the Moomins were asleep, he had promised he would stay all winter but couldn't take it. When the spring came, Moomin woke early. He tried looking for Snufkin only to find out he had gone, Snufkin came back later than usual by accident. He hoped they weren't awake yet but alas they were.

"Well I..." Snufkin began, he looked around the table, eyes staring at him, he felt uncomfortable. He looked towards Moomin who put a hand on his own, he calmed a little. "I don't exactly know yet, it's only summer so I haven't thought about it. I'm sure whatever I do will be the right decision though." Snufkin took a sip of his tea. Moomin let go of Snufkins hand to eat his own dinner.

"Can I come if you leave?" Little My asked with a full mouth of food, "No." Snufkin said sternly, Little My huffed and annoyingly sat back in her seat, crossing her arms. "Maybe." Snufkin said again, her smile grew back on her small, rounded face.

"You two never really told us about what you did on your travels that time." Moominpapa spoke outgoingly, Moomin and Snufkin looked at each other questionably. "You must've done something adventurous or wild! Like explore an abandoned pirate ship or met a ghost." Moominpapa continued, "Did I ever tell you about my ghost friend back when I was your age? Joxter, Muddler-" "Yes we have papa." Moomin interrupted.

"And no, it was quite relaxing. Getting outside the valley for a while and seeing the world for its natural beauty." Moomin looked towards Snufkin, they both knew they were completely lying. "But when I saw you we were in a cave and you nearly fe-" Little My began, Snufkin quickly covered her mouth, she twisted and turned in her chair trying to scream at Snufkin. "I'm sorry about her Moominmama and Moominpapa." He picked Little My up and quickly walked out the back door.

He closed the door and sighed, suddenly, Joxter jumped down from the roof in front of Snufkin making him jump, he fell to the floor dropping Little My with him. "Ugh you idiot! Both of you!" Little My huffed annoyingly, she stood up and brushed her dress from the dry dirt. "I didn't think you would get scared so easily." Joxter laughed at Snufkin, he held out his hand to help him up.

"Why won't you tell them about how Moomin nearly died?" Little My asked, Snufkin stayed silent. "I mean someone did die, you see Little My, Snufkin froze!" Joxter said which surprised Little My. "What that's so cool, why didn't you tell me?!" Little My said loudly, Snufkin shushed her and turned around to look at the Moomin house, luckily they didn't hear. "Because it was nothing." Snufkin said.

"What other things have you been keeping from us then hm?" Little My asked, "Nothing!" Snufkin annoyingly shouted making Little My laugh. "Hey remember I broke you and Moomin out of jail?" Joxter suddenly commented. Little My began to laugh devilishly, Snufkin stared at Joxter, "Dad WHY did you have to say that?" Snufkin asked, Joxter shrugged in response.

"Did you kill someone?!" Little My asked excitedly jumping around, Snufkin stayed silent for a while. "Well...no, I didn't when we got arrested. Don't you dare say anything to Moominmama and Papa because it had nothing to do with Moomin." Snufkin said kneeling down to her level. "I wouldn't dare." Little My smirked before running off.