~[8]~

Notes: This is Baz's P.O.V

Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------

The room was dark and the air was cold, making me shiver with discomfort at the low temperature of the place I was in.... wait.... just where exactly am I? I don't know how I got here, nor can I recall any events that may've led to this. Was I hallucinating? I might be. 

There was a loud noise followed by a clutter of boxes and pieces of wood cascading to the ground. The echo of the mess was deafening, making me wince and cover my ears. Dust floated from the impact of the boxes hitting the concrete floor as I reluctantly made my way to them, the closer I got making my nerves rise more and more with ever step. Normally, I wasn't this nervous about things like this-- I didn't believe in paranormal stories-- but something was off about the event that just happened... there wasn't even a single shelf or anything that I could see for the boxes to fall from.

I stopped a few feet away from the mess and watched from a distance as something flung a large box to the side. A growl arose from the creature as it continued it's search for whatever it was looking for-- I just hoped that it wouldn't see me. 

I watched the beast as it tore through everything in its path, shattering anything it stepped on. There were shards of glass and splintered wood sticking out of its paws, digging deeper with every step and blood pouring out in trails along the floor, but the creature seemed to not notice it. It sniffed furiously at every inch of debris it could reach-- cardboard boxes, smashed boards of plywood, metal bars, and large piles of gravel. 

For a second, I started to believe that I was outside, but I then stopped the thought all together.

'If I were outside, why wasn't the surrounding area outdoors? And why would the echo be so loud and rattling when the objects met the ground?'  I asked myself as the beast smacked at something under it. I then had a second thought; maybe I was in a warehouse of some sort. That would explain the echo, the plywood, boxes, metal pipes, and concrete floor.

I glanced around for a light source, only to find nothing. There was a light switch, but nothing happened when I tried it. I tried looking for a flashlight among the shelves that I happened to find along the walls and eventually came across a large camping lantern. Being aware of the beast, I flicked it on. The light seemed blinding almost and it flooded into the single lamp that hung low from the ceiling, dangling over where the creature was still lurking.

There was a ladder near a pile of boxes being secured by wooden boards. I carefully went to it as silently as I could, freezing every time I made so much as a leaf snap with my foot. I continued my path to the platform once I was sure the beast hadn't heard me and slowly scaled the ladder. There was another lantern among the boxes and I switched that light on as well. From this perch, I finally was able to gain a decent view of the creature pacing below me.

It looked almost like a wolverine....but.... resembling more of a bear appearance. I pulled out my phone to search up if there was such an animal, forgetting that my volume was turned up a bit. My internet browser was taking forever to load, so I asked Siri instead and hoped it would pull up that way. 

"Siri. What animal looks like a bear hybrid?" I whispered to the virtual assistant in my phone. 

"Here is what I found." 

"Shit." I cursed and froze, staying as silent as physically possible while turning my phone down. 

The creature grunted, lifting its head and sniffing the air. It heard me. The beast growled, soon pacing the area under the platform I was on and padding out of my sight range. I glanced back at my phone, but the only results that would come up were abnormal hybrids of random animals: A lion and tiger, a horse and zebra, a whale and dolphin... not what I was looking for.