Chapter 10 ~ Revenge Freedom

The next day I woke up in Erik's arms and smiled at the peacful look on his face. I stroked his face and kissed him on the lips softly. As I pulled away he started to wake up. He smiled at me and pulled me closer.

"Good morning angel."

"Morning love."
He smiled and we laid together in silence for a bit. All until Raoul suddenly screamed and bursted out laughing. I jumped and groaned. Turning over on my stomach and covering my ears. "Make it stop!"
I moaned. Yes Raoul ruined a good morning. I had the right to be cranky.

"Don't worry angel."
Erik kissed the top of my head. "I've got it taken care off."
He got up and went to Raoul. Coming back two minutes later with a bruised fist and I quickly put on my robe and took him to the washroom. The day started out like normal. It finally happened, we have no new punishments.

"My brain is fried trying to come up with any more."

"You won't have to anymore. Besides I want to punish him with some of the others we used."
He slipped an arm around my waist and it felt like he was trying to burn my clothing. Just to get to the skin. I moaned and pulled away.

"He's already dreaming of naked woman. Hallucinated in fact. I don't want him to seem me exposed again."
I sighed.
"But with you"
I purred
"Endlessly of course."
He had a passion in his eyes and we ended up in a passionate kiss.

The day dragged on the Raoul had gotten even more pathetic. If he lasted throughout the night, then he would die at least peacefully. Although I will miss using the riding crop on him. He actually bit it to stop but I just shoved it down his mouth till he was spewing out blood. That's when I would stop. Erik took this day watering him and feeeding him since it was my day, yesterday. We alternated from time to time. But to day I also helpped out since it was the last day of doing this kind of torture.

When I woke up the next morning. I found Erik smiling down at me and holding me in his lap.

"Good morning Erik"

"Good morning Christine. Well today's the day and everything is ready."
I smiled and got up, quickly getting dressed-with Erik's help- and brushing out my hair. I was ready.

"Will he hurt us?"

"He hardly has the strenght too. Besides, I will protect you."
I smiled and blushed.

"And I will protect you."
Hand in hand we walked down towards the torcher chamber. Raoul slowly lifted his head to us as I looked into his lifeless eyes.

"Hello Monsieur"
Erik stated happily

"Raoul"
I said deviously.

"Christine, Monsieur..."
Raoul mumbled.

"We've made a decision that greatly effects you Raoul. We've decided to set you free."
I never heard Erik use his name before. It was full of so much hatred and anger. Yet he said it in such a way it gracefully came off his lips.
"Now, if you try to fight as we unbind you, we will keep you here without food and drink. Do you understand?"

Raoul nodded and Erik set the lantern down. We walked and I helped him unbind Raoul. I won't let him get hurt just in case. He fell to the ground and a look of relaxation came over him. And the tension fell away. He looked up at us angrily and for a moment he looked as if he could pounce on Erik.
"Come, we must go to the boat. But first wash yourself in the lake. I don't want human waste in it."

Raoul nodded and crawled to the lake he went in and shivered. Yet he seemed to enjoy it. Enjoy it for now Raoul. Enjoy your freedom for now. I watched as Erik got the boat ready and Raoul climbed in. Erik lifted me in his arms and set me down gently. Making me laugh and giggle. I stayed near Erik as close as I could. Once we reached the lake Raoul got off and Erik handed him the lantern. Raoul seemed so confused.

"Good luck Monsieur Vicomte!"

"What? What do you mean?"
I almost laughed at his expression.

"You didn't think we were going to guide you through the tunnels did you?"
He started with a shocked face.

"But Monsieur!"

"No buts! Go now!"
He turned and started to walk away.
"Monsieur. If you get out and let anyone know about this you'll have wished I'd killed you."
Raoul nodded and made his way to the tunnels. Once he was out of sight I turned to Erik.

"But he got through once."

"Yes, once. You know that it takes multiple times and a map, to permanantly know the passageways, twists, and turns."

"Yes...unless they're a genius like yourself."
He smirked at me.

"Like you?"

"No, not compared to you....." I then slowly slid closer to him. We waited and I heard Erik suddenly laughed into the tunnels and let it echo off the walls. I smiled and laughed as well at the thought. I then pulled him back and after while, we started rowing away.

'Say you'll share with me one love, one lifetime. Say the words and I will follow you. Share each day with me each night ech morning....'
I sang to Erik while gazing at him in the boat.

'You alone can make my song take flight. It's beginning now the music of the night!'
Erik sang while we heard Raoul's screams of pain, anger, and fear. I smiled and kissed him as we rode back to the lair singing to each other.