Chapter 11 ~ My Life Now

Erik and I spent a glorious week together, never once parting. Since we didn't have someone to torture, we spent more time singing, reading, and other things. We even went for a walk and I looked at the newspaper.

Raoul De Changy missing!

Christine Daae better of without him? Our answer is Yes.

I couldn't believe what I just read. Me and Erik laughed and laughed as other people thought we shouldn't have been together. A few people did, but the majority said I could've done much better. I agree, and now I have. I have my angel. The wedding was next week. I met Erik's friend, Nadir Kahn and he was very nice.

On our way back we stepped through the mirror and I screamed at the sight. It was Raoul's body. Dead body. Erik took of his cloak and wrapped his body in it and picked him up.

"Is he?"

"Yes...I'm sorry Christine."

"What are you sorry for?"

"I know he was your childhood friend and-"

"That's in the past."
I said and kissed him.
"Your my future."
I smiled and looked at the dead body. Note to self, burn his cloak and get him a new one. He needs a new one anyway.
"What should I er do with him?"

"I have an idea."
Erik walked down and as we passed by the lake, he made a left turn and I saw the bones of other people. I gasped and covered my mouth, my eyes wide.
"Don't worry Christine, I didn't kill them, they passed away old age, while working on the opera house."

"Oh Erik..."
I watched as he buried him with the other piles of bones.

"I don't like him at all. But he deserves a proper buriel. I believe that should be for everybody."
He turned and wrapped his arms around me.

"Come let's go home."
He carried me back in the boat and back to his lair. Our futures bright and happy.

"I love you Christine."

"I love you too Erik."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One week later I was sitting on the couch waiting for Erik to come back from the kitchen. When I told him the great news.

"I'm pregnant."