Chapter 12

Erik has been searching frantically for a new home for us three to live in. I felt guilty, pushing him out of his home like this. Although he assured me that everything was alright. As long as I'm with him, he's my home. Although now I'm three months into my pregnancy. We had to leave quickly. Nadir helped us so much as well. Coming down here from time to time to help pack. Even though we're still looking for a home. One day I was just sitting and reading when I felt something jump in my stomach. I gasped and placed my hand over my stomach. A smile reached my cheeks and my eyes watered.

"Erik!"
I called and giggled.
"Erik come quickly!"
He came rushing in quickly.

"Christine I'm here what's the matter?! Is it the baby?!"
I quickly grabbed his hand and placed it on my stomach.

"Feel! Our child is-"

"Kicking..."
He whispered and smiled brightly. "Oh Christine!"
He smiled and hugged me gently as he laughed and tears poured over his cheeks. I wiped them away and kissed him deeply. I then heard footsteps and saw Nadir coming towards us.

"Is everyone alright?!
I heard shouting and-"
He looked at us and I gestured for him to come.

"Nadir it's the baby!"
I whisper yelled to him. He came up and I placed his hand on my stomach like I did with Erik.

"Oh my gosh! Congratulations!"
I smile and giggled as he lifted out of his bag, treats and chocolate. "To celebrate! I debated on wine but I know it's not good for you Christine nor the child. So I just brought in some hot apple cider. It's close to looking like alcohol soo-"
I started laughing.

"Nadir it's alright! Thank you very much! Let's celebrate!"
I tried getting up but Erik wouldn't let me.

"No, you need your rest mon ange."
I sighed and gave him a look.

"Please?"

"Nope, not unless it's necessary."

"Well where are we gonna have the party if I'm just laying on the couch?"

"Christine. we can have it right here! No need for the kitchen!"
He quickly moved the table and chairs in front of me. Then brought out my favorite dinner and I laughed. Blushing I turned to Nadir and asked

"Are you okay with this?"

"More than okay Christine."
He goes to help Erik and I sigh shaking my head.