14.

"Hey dad I'm home" I yelled as I walked in.

I made my way into the kitchen and my heart dropped as I stood there meeting eyes with Ethan and a pissed off dad.

"Sorry hazel I just came to see if you wanted to hang out but apparently you were supposed to already be with me?" He said completely confused.

"Yeah hazel, where the hell were you?" My dad said as he stood up tall crossing his arms.

He was pretty upset.

"Look I can explain. I just needed some time to myself so I went to mine and grays old spot and spent the night no big deal" I said as my voice got lower.

Both of there moods changed at the thought of me going out there with Grayson being gone. Like they felt bad for me.

"Well next time dont go alone" my dad said as he walked out and left the conversation at that. Which i was okay with considering I didn't have much to go on for a lie. I dont have any more friends.

"So where was you really?" My head turned towards Ethan as he straighten himself up in the chair.

He knew I would never go back there it reminded me to much of gray.

"Look I just need some damn space, why do I have to keep explaining myself to everyone"

My eyes opened wide as I realized I just snapped on him. He didnt deserve that.

He stood up making his way to the door before he turned around meeting eyes with me.

"Grayson always made me promise that if anything happened to him I would watch over you. All I'm trying to do is keep my promise hazel"

I jumped as the door slammed behind him leaving me there feeling like complete shit. I'm tired of being the bad guy just because I wanted to keep grays secret.

But enough is enough.