Pay Your Respects

"And now back to you, Regina."
Tyler directed his attention to the television newscaster with interest. He grabbed the remote on the table in front of him and cranked up the volume.
"Thanks, Rich. " Regina walks over to a policeman and begins her report, "Today I'm here in Los Angeles where another in a series of murders has taken place. The killings seen to be random and done by a precise, professional according to police reports." She turned and the camera followed as she walked towards an officer. "Sheriff Murdock, do you have any comments on the cases?"
The man, Sheriff Murdock apparently (A/N: more like Murdick if you ask me) acquired an annoyed look and replied, "No comment at this time, I only wish for peace for Mr. Cashman's family and for this-this murderer to be caught."
"As do we all, Sheriff. And now, back to you, Rich, with the weather." Regina finished.
Tyler tuned out the television once again as he wondered A killer on the loose? Oh no, L.A. doesn't need anymore crazy...
He stood up from the couch and wandered over to where his phone was charging, plugged into the wall. Unlocking it, he pulled up a quite familiar contact and messaged:
-hey korey, don't 4get 2 lock up 2nite and turn on the security system thnx-
He sent it to his best friend and co-owner Korey Kuhl.
Tyler and Korey had known each other since they were in 5th grade. Friendship back then amounted to sharing fruit snacks and picking each other first for sports teams. Somehow they both managed to survive through high school and college, and have never been closer than they are now. Their boutique, Riviera, is getting quite popular and despite the stress of running a business, Tyler and Korey manage to keep their friendship and partnership together.
Korey immediately texts Tyler back:
-k I will and don't 4get 2 slay u twink ;)-
Tyler chuckled to himself and shook his head. He responded quickly saying goodnight and turned on his own security system before heading into his bedroom. Ruffling his quiff, he changed into his pajamas consisting of a Disney tshirt and shorts covered in tiny Mickey Mouses. He lifted the covers on his bed and slid in, taking off his glasses and placing them on his bedside table. Thoughts flew through his mind that would undoubtedly fill his dreams that night as he turned off his lamp and reacquainted himself with his pillow, drifting off to sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Sorry these first chapters are short guys, but I'm just trying to build up characters and backstory. Remember to comment and vote if you'd like!
QOTC (Question Of The Chapter): What's something you think Tyler and Korey would sell at their boutique?
Thanks for reading guys and I'll be sure to update again soon! (≧∇≦)
- anonymoose (who desperately needs sleep) <3