Pay Day

A/N: Thank you guys so much for over 300 reads and over 40 votes and be sure to listen to the song of the chapter Roxanne by The Police<3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Troye's POV
After I had tracked down that man in witness protection, it was way too easy to walk right into his pointless gambling warehouse and cross his name off the list. My latest client had felt the consequences of business gone wrong and decided he wanted revenge against the man who did him harm. I think I might have overdone it with the creepy kids' nursery rhymes, but life goes on?
After I had completed my task of you know, running him through with a sword in creative ways, I went back to the council to receive my pay. They were all "that took longer than it should have" and "that wasn't a flourish of creativity, Troye, that was arrogant and cocky" and blah blah blah. Who really needs a council of old guys to run the what I refer to as the Assassin's Secret Society of Honorable Occupations Lacking Everything or A.S.S.H.O.L.E., but it's really just Sandman cause ya know we send people to dreamland. Technically we don't even exist; all of our personal files wiped from every database and the only way a client can contact us is by drawing a half-moon on their door- who the heck decided that was a brilliant idea?
So once again, the oh-so-grand council lowered my damn payment because I was quote "arrogant"?! I don't see them getting off their lazy wrinkled asses to kill! Tantrum aside, I was now heading to my next assignment. The council decided that I should make up for my "mistake" by completing another job the next night. It was some guy named Korey Kuhl... what kind of parents do that to a kid. Poor guy, well at least he'll be rid of that wretched name soon.
The location was on Springfield Avenue; it was some high end clothing store. Boutique, what a frufru name, and to think that two guys ran it. I just want to get this over with quickly so I can go home.
Home was a small, dank apartment in the slums and my only neighbors were running drug deals and selling their bodies to strange men. (A/N: cue the song XD)
I pulled up the collar on my black, hooded leather jacket with the hidden pockets for my ah tools and pushed open the front door as the bell that was tied to it alerted the cashier or my target.
He looked up slightly startled and then smiled welcomingly. As I shuffled around the shop, pretending to be interested in the all too colorful garments, he peered back at his cellphone and laughed to himself about something then shook his head. While he was momentarily distracted, I made my way to the back of the shop and through the door that was titled "Employees only" in a cursive font.
It was time to start the show.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: That was part 1 of Troye's Adventures in Timely Assassinations or TATA (≧∇≦)I hope you guys enjoyed it and if you want to please vote and feel free to leave a comment! Remember to notify me of any corrections I need to make so I can fix them!
QOTD: Should I do a song for every chapter???
luv ya guys!!!
-anonymoose (who needs sleep not more Mountain Dew...)