Chance or Circumstance

A/N: sorry that these last few chapters have taken so long, school is killing me right now
And guys?!? over 1k reads?!? srsly chill
song of the chapter is I Bet You Look Good on the Dance floor by The Artic Monkeys
enjoy guys!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Troye's POV
It's time to put my plan into action.
Tyler has a week and a half before he will die and I plan to make it very interesting. I know that pesky sheriff told him about the time span between my other victims' deaths so I need to keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn't go running off, but for some reason Tyler Oakley doesn't seem like the running off and hiding sort. Still, can't let him get too far.
Let me say one thing, dashing across building tops can become extremely tiresome. I have to duck and roll to make sure that no pedestrians see me mistakenly. I was on my way back to my apartment when I saw him walking down the street. Tyler Oakley was going for a walk. I smirked to myself, this might be easier than I hoped.
His destination looked like a coffee shop a block down the road. Running across the apartment building I was perched on as fast I could, I dashed to the ladder on the side of the building. Swinging my legs down, I rapidly climbed down the ladder, skipping a few bars here and there to save time.
Outside the alleyway, I saw Tyler about 100 feet behind me.
I fast walked to the Starbucks and shuffled into line where soon after Tyler made his way into the shop as expected. He stepped behind me and I knew I had to take my chance. There was a lovey dovey couple in front of me and to be completely honest, they were grossing me out. This was my way in.
Turning to Tyler, I commented snappily, "Can you believe this? PDA grosses me out." and he snickered,
"I can't say I disagree, save it for Valentine's Day, people." I laughed at that, he was quick. Getting close to him is going to be easier than I thought.
I guess poor Korey never received a chance to tell Tyler about me, Korey's new online best buddy. That's one of my specialties- befriending or getting close to my victims so they never suspect a thing. Korey had arranged a real life meet-up for 2 days after my scheduled kill-date. Too bad, I might have enjoyed it.
The couple in line finally left and it was my turn.
I pulled out a handful of bills and stepped forward to pay. The cashier muttered something about a phone number for coupons,but since the only phone I have is a burner... that's not going to work out well.
To brush off her question, I replied, "Sorry, honey, I don't walk that way." and turned with a sly grin to Tyler as he giggled. What can I say? I'm a flirt- and secretly a masked killer who is going to murder the guy I'm laughing with in a few weeks. Ahhh... the double life, 'tis a hard one.
I grabbed my coffee as they called my name and sat down at one of the tables. I tried to act occupied as I saw Tyler glance out of the corner of my eye. He also picked up his drink and headed for the door.
Crap, it seems like I'm going to have to get a better phone if I want this plan to work. I scribbled the number for my burner on a small napkin and as he brushed by, I slid it into his grasp.
He smiled excitedly as I told him to text me sometime. In all reality, I had never texted anyone in my life. So what? My mentor said I had an "old soul", whatever that means.
After Tyler left, my phone started ringing in my pocket and I yanked it out, seeing it was the council. Wooooh, this will be loads of fun. Sarcasm much intended.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: So that's it for chapter 11, I know it's short and kinda boring, but it's more of a filler chapter....sorrrrry
If you did enjoy this chapter, remember to vote, comment, and answer the question of the chapter/day!
QOTD: Why does the council want to see Troye and what will Tyler's costume be for the masquerade thing?
Please remember to tell me if I made any mistakes, grammar or otherwise!
Luv ya guys!
-anonymoose (who apologizes for her pitiful attempts at a chapter)