Ocean of Lust

Eric stared at the crown in his hand. He was suddenly sent back in time, he was not a vampire, but a human still living with his father, mother, and new baby sister. He saw his father arguing with him, his sister cooing in his mother's arms, the feel of the servant girl's flesh underneath him, the howl of a wolf, a flash of his sword, his mother and sister laying limp, and his father ordering him to avenge their deaths.

"A provincial crown, Scythian, I believe." Talbot brought Eric's mind back to the present.

"Viking." Eric corrected. They both turned at the sound of a commotion in the foyer. They went to investigate and saw Russell throw Bill Compton on the floor. Sookie screamed and Godric quickly moved to her side, warning her to be quiet.

"Guess who proved untrustworthy." The king said to Talbot, who feigned surprise.

Bill broke a piece of the staircase and jammed the makeshift stake into one of Russell's guard's heart, then jumped on Russell himself and tried to do the same. The king easily threw Bill off of himself, making Bill hit the ceiling and land on the stairs.

"Are you serious?" Russell yelled, obviously amused, "I am over three thousand years old! Seize him." Bill was held up by more guards.

"What are you going to do with him?" Lorena cried from behind the crowd.

"Well my dear, you are going to kill him." Russell replied. Lorena tried to argue but was cut off, "DO NOT DISOBEY ME! I AM YOUR KING!" Russell yelled at her, all trace of amusement gone.

Tears of blood began to pool in Lorena's eyes, "Yes, your majesty." She resigned.

Sookie foolishly ran in front of the guard holding Bill but was stopped by a wall of viking.

"Eric! Get her out of here, please!" Bill yelled as he was taken away. Eric roughly grabbed Sookie's arm and brought her back in front of Godric, Russell, and Talbot.

"This is what all the fuss is about?" Talbot sneered at Sookie and took off up the stairs muttering to himself in Italian about the damages to his home.

"What is so special about you?" Russell ghosted a hand over Sookie's face and sniffed her hair.

"I have not personally tasted her, but all my instincts say it will something quite... unique." Eric maintained his hold on Sookie's arm.

"Eric, what the fuck?" Sookie asked, she could not find any other words, the man she loved was being killed and these vampires were inspecting her like a farmer would a cow.

"Oh look." Godric stepped closer to Sookie and grinned at Russell. "It thinks we're equals."

Russell smiled back, "Take it into the library, I need to go work on my marriage." The king followed Talbot up the stairs and Eric ushered Sookie into the library followed by Godric.

"Eric, Godric, please tell me that was just a show for the king and you have a plan to get us out of here. What are you doing here anyway? I thought you had 'other things to deal with', Eric."

"I do, so don't take this personally, but shut up."

Sookie tried to say more but was silenced by Eric wrapping his arm around her neck and clamping a hand over her mouth. Once inside the library Sookie was pushed onto a chair and Eric started to pace.

"Eric, it is him, then? You know for sure this time." Godric asked.

"Yes." Eric continued to pace like a caged lion.

"All that crap about caring about me was a lie?" Sookie suddenly burst out. " 'Sookie I'm telling you this because you mean so much to me, you make me feel human.' " She imitated words Eric had told her earlier.