Lucky 13

***Hello! I normally don't do many author's notes, I feel they take away from the flow of the story. But I just wanted to thank everyone for reading! I had no idea if people would be interested in TrueBlood after all these years. Also just wanted to let you know that this is the last chapter I had fully written. From here on out it is all fresh, new material, which means the updates won't be coming as quickly.***

"Darling! So glad you made it on time!" Axle mocked politeness and motioned for Edgington's guards to seize Aya and Godric. Godric fought back, pulling the head off of one of the vampire guards and biting out the throat of another. Aya was being held by both arms, she was kicking out her legs in an effort to get free, but the vampires holding her would rip her arms out if she pulled to hard.

Eric made his way around the back of the scene where two fresh guards were attempting to capture Godric. He pulled Godric to himself and after a few whispered words forced Godric onto his knees.

"My king." Eric bowed to Edgington and held one hand around Godric's throat. "I told you my maker was weak, he willingly surrendered with the proviso that you allow him to say goodbye to the human girl. Pathetic attachment, really."

"Aw, no need to be so harsh. We all have our little obsessions over the centuries." Edgington went so far as to pat Godric's head like he was a dog. "Axle! Take these two lovebirds down to the museum. Then bring Godric back up here, he has some explaining to do."

"Of course, master." Axle bowed deeply to Edgington and took Aya from the guard, pinning her to him by putting one arm around her shoulders. Godric rose, and followed them with his head bowed, but not before growling and showing his fangs to Eric.

"You bastard." Aya hissed as she was lead into the office. "You fucking bastard. I trusted you! My whole family trusted you!"

Axle sighed and opened the hidden door to Edgington's 'museum'. "Well, that's your fault isn't it? Did you really think I was interested in any of your father's ridiculous ventures? Darling, I was interested in him. I sampled his blood once and knew he was just the sort of thing my maker enjoys collecting."

"Your maker?" Aya widened her eyes.

"Yes, and just like any good child I will do anything to keep him happy. I thought about taking Marcus directly to Russell, but then I learned what he was and that he was the last of his kind. So, I waited until he fathered a child. Dirazen had his mental ability, but that je ne sais quoi of Marcus' was missing. The moment you were born I knew you were the perfect treat. Then, when I tasted your blood I knew for certain you were something special. Of course that gypsy mother of yours knew what I was, so she was disposed of."

They had arrived at the iron door. Aya flinched away from the metal, but turned her head to Axle with fire in her eyes. "My father didn't die in a climbing accident, did he?"

"No. Russell and I shared him. Just like we've been sharing Dirazen." Axle opened the iron door and Aya screamed at the sight of her chained brother.

"Have your moment." Axle whispered to Godric. "I'll be waiting in the office, there are no other ways out of this tunnel."

"I'm going to kill you." Aya yelled through her tears from the room. "I swear on my parents graves if it takes me two thousand years I am going to make you pay for this!"

Axle smirked and left. Godric entered the room and pulled Aya away from the hanging body.

"Is he..?" Aya looked up at Godric.

"There is still life in him, he's just unconscious right now." Godric bit his own wrist and let some of the blood trickle down Dirazen's throat. "That should keep him alive until we can get him to a hospital."