Chapter 21

Natsu’s Point of View

I woke up and I still had last night’s encounter in my mind. I quickly got dressed and left to the guild with a still sleepy Happy.  I walked in and went to Mira at the counter.

“Hello, Natsu. Your usual?”

“Yea, do you know where Lucy is?” I asked as I sat down.

“She left.”

“What do you mean she left?” Frostbite said coming up to the bar. Mira laugh before saying,

“She went on a job for the council. She’ll be gone for about a week. What do you need Lucy for?”

“Cause Gin came to see us last night.” Happy said.

“What?” they all said in shock causing everyone to quiet down.

“What did she want?” Mira asked.

“She said past this message to Lucy.”

“What was the message?”

“ ‘We always get what we want. It's only a matter of time before our plan sets in motivation.’ then she told me to tell her this when she's alone, ‘next time that I have her, I'll let the boys play.’ then left.”

“Hmm that does seem an odd thing to say but why you?”

“Maybe since he’s closer to lucy.” Wendy piped in.

“But that was before she left, now she isn’t that close with anyone,” Levy said.

“Who knows, the only thing we can do is tell Lucy when she gets back,” Erza said. I looked at Levy and seemed lost in thought.

“Whatchu thinking shrimp?”

“The message for lucy, ‘next time that I have her, I'll let the boys play.’, what does it mean?”

“Who knows, might mean something to Lucy since she does have a lot of secrets.” Mira placed my food in front of me as I dogged it down. I already knew this was gonna be a boring week. 

“Brats,” Gramps shouted, gaining all of our attention.

“I want to get more information on these people so we can get rid of them fast. So any of that went on a job recently I want for you to try and remember anything that seems out of place. I want you to write it down and give it to Mira. Make sure you put what town, village or forest, and all that shit.” Gramps had asked for Levy to help look up information on Dark Night. They were at the bar looking at old records hoping to see anything. Everyone was talking with one another trying to remember anything. 

“There isn't really anything on them besides something way back,” Levy said.

“Right now anything can help.” Gramps

“It says here when the first guilds were made Dark Night was one of them but they didn't want to follow the rules that were made. Council at the time kept trying to convince them to obey the rules and sign the contract but every time they refused. In doing so the council calls them a dark guild, the very first dark guild. Other official guilds tried to take them down but never could. They never actually killed anyone. They were actually peaceful. Certain things they did the council did not agree with but couldn't do anything about it. As years went by more dark guild became known and Dark Night slowly disappeared. It is unknown what happened with the guild. Some say that in the end it disbanded or was forgotten but I know that was not the truth. I have a feeling that they will come, I just don't know if it'll be a good thing or bad.” Levy finished reading.