The Second Demon

While Louie and Axel continued to venture through the forest, the treasure began to fall out of Louie's pockets. Louie sighed.

"Maybe I shouldn't have grabbed so much..." he laughed nervously. Axel didn't say anything. He was walking in front of Louie.

"You good?"

"I-I'm fine..."

"You don't seem fine."

"I'm serious. I'm fine."

Axel didn't turn around or make eye contact with Louie. He just continued walking. He began to grip the dime tighter in his hand. Louie saw the shine of the dime. The slightest bit of the sun poking out from behind the moon lit right onto the dime. Louie ran up to Axel and took the dime from his grasp. He looked into it and saw Scrooge. Louie gasped.

"Uncle Scrooge?!" Louie looked up at Axel, angered

"Why is Scrooge in the dime?! What have you done to him and how did you get him in here?" Axel didn't say anything. He just stared at Louie in shock.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about! You must be delirious! Scrooge isn't in the dime!"

Louie knew Axel was lying.

"What did you do?" Louie's voice began to deepen. He walked closer to Axel and lit a green fireball in the palm of his hand. Axel took a few steps backwards.

"I thought you were done with your family."

Louie stopped. He closed his hand and let the flame absorb into his hand.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Louie's voice began to deepen more than it did before. Axel sighed.

"You said that they thought you that you were weak. You said that they punished you for doing what you do best. You said that they don't care about you..."

"But how did Scrooge get in the dime?"

"I might have...told them everything you told me and used that against then. Then, I sucked Scrooge into the dime..."

Louie felt his heart sink. He looked at the dime and stared Scrooge in the eye. A tear rolled down his face. Scrooge stared at Louie in worry. Scrooge just wanted to jump out of the dime and hug his nephew. But he couldn't.

"I only told them what you told me."

Louie felt terrible inside. He couldn't believe that he told a forsaken demon about his problems. Sure, the stuff he said was true but it was only because he needed a break. Now, he was following a magical demon around. Louie was lucky that Axel was nice to him though.

As he thought about this, purple smoke began to spray from the ground. Evil laughter was heard. It sounded familiar. Louie looked around panicked. Axel sighed.

As Louie continued to panic, something hit him in the back of the head. He saw nothing but a black void. The last thing he saw was a long, black dress and a purple amulet around the duck's neck.

————————————————————————

Huey and Dewey walked downstairs to eat dinner. They both had dried up tears in their eyes as they sat down at the table. Everyone was silent.

"So..." Della stated, trying to start a conversation. "Any plans on how we're going to get Scrooge back?" Dewey looked up.

"I might have a plan." He stated. "This isn't the first time this has happened." Della froze.

"Wait! So this has happened before?" Everyone at the table nodded. Della slowly fell backwards in her seat.

"All we need is a powerful source. That'll save Uncle Scrooge!" Dewey yelled.