16

97. EXT. STREET– ALLEY. EVENING.

JULES drives into an alley. She stops and the car stops behind them. MALCOLM comes out of the car.

MALCOLM

First of all, are you crazy? You could've got yourselves killed!

JULES

We were just trying to save ourselves, sorry.

MALCOLM

Second, Liv, you look really pretty tonight.

OLIVIA

Oh, keep it in your pants, Malcolm.

JULES SEEMS SURPRISED BY HER RESPONSE BUT SHE LAUGHS.

MALCOLM

Sorry. She's been hanging too much with you, Jules.

JULES

I know, we are like bestfriends now.

OLIVIA

We are?

JULES

Well, yeah. Kind of.

OLIVIA

Yes, we are like bestfriends now.

MALCOLM

I can't believe you decided to turn out my offer and risk your lives. I wanted you two as far as possible from this investigation and now you.ve punched a mafia leader. I hate to say this but my boss thinks that you might know something valuable. We need you close so I can protect you.

JULES

Excuse me; I think we've made it pretty clear that we can take care of ourselves.

MALCOLM

Luckily. Just come with me,speak to my boss and hear what she haves to offer.

JULES

So she's a she?

MALCOLM

Yes.

JULES AND OLIVIA LOOK AT EACH OTHER LIKE MAKING A DECISION. OLIVIA NODS.

JULES

We are in, then.

MALCOLM GOES TO OPEN THE CAR'S DOOR FOR THEM. OLIVIA ENTERS AND JULES STOP BEFORE GOING IN.

JULES

Should I give you a tip or something?

MALCOLM

Maybe a date with your new best friend.

JULES

Yeah, hey Liv, do you have a dollar?

98. INT. MALCOLM'S CAR. EVENING. (DRIVING)

In MALCOLM's car JULES and OLIVIA are in the back seat. MALCOLM is driving.