B U S I N E S S

"Oh my God, Cameron!" China ran down the hall with open arms

"Oh my God, Cameron!" China ran down the hall with open arms. Meeting her halfway, Cameron scooped her up into a warm hug. "I was so scared."

"I'm fine."

"They cleaned all the coconut out of my teeth and scraped my t-"

"It's okay! It's okay!" Cameron laughed and kissed her cheek. "You got me here just in time. I would have been fine had I kept my epi-pen in my car like I'm supposed to. They gave me a new one." he wrapped his arm around her waist as they headed out of the emergency room.

"So do you want me to drive you home? You look a little drowsy."

"I'll be fine. I need to make sure you get home safely. I don't want you to have to Uber from my house."

"Okay," China nodded, still a little bit worried.

When he finally pulled up to her house she took a deep breath and looked over at him. "I'm so sorry."

"It's not your fault, toots," he chuckled a little. "I'm good."

"Please call me when you get home." she squeezed his hand "Or else I won't sleep."

"I promise,"

It was about 6 am and they had to be up for school soon so Cameron got her home in just enough time for her to shower. Lucky for him, his father was gone to Kenya for business and charity, so he decided to skip school and sleep. He wanted to ask China to do the same but he was already sure of his answer. It was bad enough he had her out all night.

He was already playing with fire by being around her. Her mother was harsh and she made it clear that she wasn't allowed to hang out with "friends" who weren't Sarah. Following rules wasn't really in Cameron's blood and he couldn't help but feel she was worth the risk.

Cameron was slowly starting to allow himself to feel whatever he was feeling for China. Very, very slowly. He was sort of sure she felt the same. She did often sneak around and lie just to be near him. That was a good sign, right? Or what if she was like everyone else and only liked the way he looked?

After school, Sarah and Jordan went to check on Cameron. His phone wasn't ringing and they were concerned because they hadn't seen him on social media all day.

"Sorry guys. I let my phone die last night." He wrapped up in his comforter and sat up against the headboard. Sarah and Jordan both sat on the bed on either side of him.

"What's this?" Sarah ran her finger over a small red patch on Cameron's neck. He shivered a little and took a small breath. That was definitely a sweet spot for him.

"Bad reaction to coconut this morning. Just a little welt from the swelling. It'll go away soon."

"Aw," she ran her fingers through his hair. "Is that why you weren't at school?"