S A R C A S M

ACT II:
You Can't Make Homes Out Of Human Beings

ACT II:You Can't Make Homes Out Of Human Beings

"Thank you guys for helping me. My family always goes on vacation at the most inconvenient times." Jordan closed his trunk- for the last of his things had been moved into his dorm.

"Not a problem."  Cameron shrugged and China nodded in agreement.

Jordan didn't need help. He could have easily hired movers like China had done. But he needed an excuse to see China again.

Over the summer, the four of them fell apart. Naturally, of course. After Sarah dropped the bomb of the century, shit got awkward. Jordan and Cameron had a post-graduation trip to New Zealand planned already so they went on that then they never really spoke again. Not that they didn't have a blast, it was just taking a while for everyone to process everything.

China went off to Soccer camp in Argentina and spent a week in Lagos. She returned to the U.S. visibly different. Not just in a physical way- her aura had completely changed. The deep chocolate tan, wavy hair, and thick thighs could have posed as a distraction for her newfound attitude though. She spoke to no one though. Didn't even post on social media. Her facetimes didn't ever go through. The three of them (individually of course) chalked it up to her not having access to wifi. Or maybe she had to get a new phone once she left the country. Either way she seemed colder, harder.

After returning from New Zealand, Cameron went straight to Texas and moved on campus. He decided to enroll in Summer football workouts to get his mind off of China and the shit show that was graduation. It worked.

Jordan pretty much locked himself in his room with his piano the whole summer.

He didn't know what to make of it. He didn't know what to say to China to make her feel better. Didn't know how to convince Cameron to trust again. Nor could he turn off the love that still lingered in his heart for Sarah.

"You bitches didn't offer to help move me in. How incredibly rude."

The three of them stopped in the middle of the parking lot and turned around to see Sarah standing there, tanned and smiling. She'd spent her summer in Columbia with her whole family and you could tell she was well fed. Her hips and tummy were fuller and she looked amazing with the extra weight.

"I thought you were going to-"

"Dunham? Yeah. I was. But I changed my mind. I'd rather be with my friends." Sarah smiled but once she saw her presence wasn't warmly received, she frowned. "Don't tell me you guys are still mad at me? Three months is more than enough time to cool down."

"Uh," Cameron cleared his throat a little. "China, I'll help you set up your room."

Sarah laughed bitterly as she watched them walk off. She put her hands on her hips and shook her head. Jordan was beyond pissed because now he was left to deal with this awkward silence alone. Not to mention, he was sort of planning on literally ever seeing Sarah again. 

"Jorrrrdddyyy," Sarah sang before throwing her arms around his neck. "Why can't you forgive me of all people? Come on." She poked out her lip.

"The whole situation is just bizarre, is all," Jordan said, pulling her arms from around his neck. "Also, you didn't seem too pressed for my forgiveness as you were prancing about in a very foreign country with a very married Justin Bieber."

"Okay, first of all, my dad is Justin's jeweler and it was just dinner," Sarah rolled her neck. "Secondly, no one got seriously or permanently hurt."

"Yeah but you completely demolished your best friend's reputation."

"Did I really? Or did I give her balls she needed to finally come out of her shell?"

"Whatever happened to talking?" Jordan threw his hands up and began walking toward the dorms. "Also, that wasn't your call. There's nothing wrong with being shy."

"It's all over now, Jordan. It doesn't matter."

"Why? Because you said so?" he laughed as he heard her footsteps behind him.

"Well, yeah," Sarah scoffed as she trailed behind him into the building.

"Why are you following me?" Jordan asked once he stopped right in front of the elevator.

"Because I want you back, Jo," she said honestly. "I would have never come clean had I known you were going to break up with me. Also, I live in this building."

"I don't know Sarah." he shook his head.

"What do you want me to do? How can I get you to trust me again?"

"I'm not sure," he said quietly. "This is a very unique situation."

"I understand." Sarah nodded. "But please know, I never stopped loving you. I really am sorry. And Justin is just a friend. "

Jordan looked her in the eyes, they were sincere as could be. "I love you too. Just give me some time to reevaluate somethings because I need to make sure you're who I think you are. I need to be sure I didn't just make up a fake version of you in my head."

"Okay, yeah," she nodded again. "T-that's fair."

Jordan pulled her in for a long hug but it was interrupted by a rowdy China whipping around the corner and a frantic Cameron who was trying hard to hold her back.

"Is this a fucking joke? Are you kidding me right now?" China yelled, causing some passersby to stop and look at her. "You transferred here so you could continue to terrorize us!"

Something had to have been seriously wrong because China never used hard profanity, Jordan thought.

"W-what are you talking about?" Sarah asked, looking between the three of them.

"Don't play stupid, bitch!" China yelled, still trying to get out of Cameron's grip.

"Chill, chill," Cameron said, holding China tighter. "Sarah, check your phone. Then go on Social Link,"

Jordan and Sarah both pulled their phones out to see a text notification. Neither of them noticed their phones going off but they were in a deep conversation, so it's no wonder they missed it. 

New school year, new me, bitches. Too bad Sarah BKA "Saje" was such a soft ass- she could have better prepared you freshmen for this. But since she didn't, watch your back or we'll be watching it for you. -Rolling Stone (s)

"I swear to God, this is not me." Sarah shook her head. "China, this isn't me!"

"I believe you," Jordan mumbled quietly before putting his phone back in his pocket.

"Me too," Cameron nodded.

China rolled her eyes and snatched herself away from Cameron. "Sure. I believe you,"

Was all she said before storming off back upstairs. After a few seconds of awkward silence, Cameron shoved his hands into his pockets and sucked his teeth.

"Soooooo," Cameron nodded. "I definitely think she was being sarcastic,"