F I N E

Sister Universities Corel and Dunham are having their annual Dinner with the Chancellor tonight

Sister Universities Corel and Dunham are having their annual Dinner with the Chancellor tonight. This is a night where all incoming freshmen get to make their first impression. Every single year someone's parents embarrasses themselves and their kids. I'm betting on Nigerian royalty tonight.

The head of the Thorpe household already had a fit with the paparazzi in DAL airport literally as soon as they landed in Texas. Because Rana Thorpe has yet to master the art of letting things go.

Maybe you should have chosen a Uni in California, Chi-chi. No need to be embarrassed halfway across the country, too. - Saje

"Oh Trish, I didn't know your son had grown to be so handsome. The papers and the blogs do him no justice. God, it's only been 6 months since I've seen you face to face. Puberty hit you like a bus!" Rana smiled and cut into her steak.

"Thank you, Mrs. Thorpe." Jordan blushed.

"So polite, well put together, and he acts like he has some home training." Rana slyly cut her eye at Cameron.

Out of respect for China, he pretended not to see. 

"Yeah, he's such a homebody," Patricia wiped her mouth then placed the napkin back in her lap. "so you've only seen my girls lately. But he's gotten a little better now that he's got a girlfriend."

"Mom! Please-" Jordan's face was redder than ever and Cameron nudged him with a smile.

"Really? Too bad, I was going to attempt to marry mine off to you again," Rana laughed and ignored the scowl of her daughter burning the side of her face.

"Yes. Little Miss Sarah Evergreen." Patricia smiled.

"Yes. She's such a sweetheart. The only one that can keep my daughter in check. That reminds me," Rana looked to her husband. "David, let's go say hi to the Evergreens."

As soon as they were out of earshot, China turned to Cameron and his father, Dan. "I am so, so sorry. She's so rude. I can't be-"

"It's fine, sweetheart." Dan rubbed her wrist reassuringly. "She's been like this for as long as I've known her."

"Wait, what?" Cameron's ears perked up.

"Yeah, we grew up together. She's always hated me. Wish she wouldn't take it out on my kid but, whatever. Unless it bothers you. We can go back to the hotel, Cam."