D I L E M M A

"Hm," Cameron hummed as he took a look at the email on his phone

"What?" Sandi asked with her mouth full of marshmallows.

"Aman- Professor Avery quit." Cameron sighed in relief and put his phone back in his pocket. "I was wondering why she hadn't been to class in three weeks.

"Ah man, that's crazy." She swallowed. "I heard she's a predator. But that's just a rumor."

Cameron's skin got cold for a second. "Yeah, that's... crazy."

"So you ready for your game tonight?" Sandi asked once she realized Cameron still wasn't going to tell her.

"It's not like I'm going to be playing." Cameron laughed.

"Well not with that attitude." Sandi laughed and walked over to her mirror to touch up her make up. "I'm still going to support you."

And she did. Every Friday she painted his number and last name on her face. It was a tradition that all the cheerleaders with player boyfriends did that. They wore their cheerleading uniform with the boy's jersey or letterman over it. Some girls went as far as to make ribbons with their boyfriend's names on them.

She was quiet about it, but China went to the games. Bradley had chapter officer meetings on Friday's so she was alone. Sarah wasn't very sporty unless it was dance so she didn't ever ask her to tag along. So she just stood far back in the bleachers and watched with a proud heart. She only wished she could get over Cameron a little faster.

Because whether Cameron was benched for the night or he led the team to victory, Sandi ran onto the field and into his arms. In those big moments, China still wanted him.

And she felt guilt surrounding that silent desire.

Because despite the blow job STD mishap, Bradley was actually perfect. China received a lot of hatred from older girls because "he never acted like that with me". She changed him for the better apparently without even trying. While many girls fought tooth and nail to get him to settle, it sort of just happened with China.

Her realizing her feelings for Cameron may have gotten stronger made her make hasty decisions. She did weird things to curb the feelings. She clung onto Brad in a way she knew was annoying to him sometimes. She found herself getting jealous when other girls even waved at him. She didn't want to lose Bradley because he was the closest thing to Cameron she'd get. Who knew when someone else would come along? Guys weren't exactly knocking down China's, door asking for her hand in marriage. This was her first relationship and would probably be her last for a while.

She finally got a taste of being desired and she didn't want to go back.

China rolled into her room late on Friday night and there was Bradley - sitting on her bed. Candles were lit and rose petals were spread across the floor.