8. New home

The car came to a halt in the front of the park. Many things were running through my mind as we waited for Emily. I'm sure my mind was running a marathon. I had many questions to ask myself.

"Are you sure she's gonna come at all?" I asked Jade after waiting for almost fifteen minutes.

"Yes of course, she will but she has to pass through a lot of guards first. She's always guarded, you know, her dad is a top government official and she's the only child so she's like an egg but somehow, she manages to pass through." He said and I nodded.

"Oh, look at her over there." He said pointing to a girl standing opposite the park. He put his hand out and gestured for her to come so that she'll know he's the one since she's not familiar with the car.

My mouth flew open. I unbuckled my seatbelt and turned back to get a better view.

"Why would she want to help us, Jade?" I asked. I mean the girl was a natural beauty, despite the fact that she's white which added kudos to her beauty, she had the perfect shape and long blond hair. I watched as her hip swayed as she walked towards the car.

"Confused as you." Jade answered.

"Why doesn't she have bags?"

"It'd seem to her dad that she's running away. We have nobody to worry about us unlike her. She even sneaked so she can't be with us all the time but she might help us with information or something."

"She's beautiful."

"Wait till she gets here, you've not seen everything." He said.

"Hi, Jade." She said to Jade as she entered the car. I sat at the shotgun so she took the back seat.

"Hey." She greeted me.

"Hi Emily, I'm Daisy." I told her turning my head to the back. Jade was right, I really haven't seen everything, she had this white shinny teeth and long lashes, she's really beautiful.

"Seatbelts." Jade told us before he sped off.

While driving, Jade did the introduction.

"So Emily, this is Daisy Anderson, My friend I told you about, do you remember?"

"Oh yeah," she squealed. "So you guys met again, this is so wow. OhmiGod!" I felt her jumping on her seat.

I laughed at her childishness. She's gonna be fun, I bet.

"Where are we going to?" I asked them curiously.

"Land of trees." Jade said with a serious expression.

"Huh?" I looked at him.

He used one hand to drive while he placed the other hand on my cheek.

"Cheer up, kitten. Just somewhere."
I pretended to be calm but I was still curious. So what would Jaycinel be doing right now ?

Maybe I should call mom one more time. If she pick up, I might just back off. I decided to text her instead.

Me: Jaycinel is missing.

Just immediately, she replied.

Mom: I know baby but I can't come. My husband would be upset, try searching for her. Report to the police.

Me: I'm not even safe. All black kids are not safe. I need your help, I'm in more danger if the police sees me.

Mom: But your step dad, Daisy. You have to understand.

Me: so it's all about him rn, you don't even care for us, you don't know how we feel, you left. You don't know how we fare, it's all about your husband. You can never be my mother, you just carried me for nine months, you are just a baby carrier, you don't know what mother means.