Chapter 1

It's a bright and sunny day in the homeland of Britannia. Y/n is hiding from the sun under her white sun umbrella. Honestly, the light can be quite dreadful on the skin. If she wants to look her best for her fiancé, she can't get burnt by the sun. She walks through the castle halls and walks into the waiting room. Y/n sit down drinking tea while waiting for him. He's a very smart and tactical man. Even if she doesn't harbor any feelings for him, he's a very good man to marry and she thinks she should be satisfied with just that. The only thing she has to worry about is to make sure she stays by his side so nothing goes wrong. 

  "I'm sorry I'm late for our date," his golden locks shine just like the bright sun as he enters the room. Any girl would think he is a perfect prince, or maybe a king. 

  "It's okay, Schneizel," Y/n smiles at him gently as he sits across from her. A maid sets up a chessboard for them. He's been teaching her how to play since she was a child, although some of the tips are quite hard for her to remember. 

  As they play chess and have small talk, he abruptly says, "I'm going to send you to Area 11. You're going to be attending Ashford Academy there."

  "What...What do you mean, darling?" She smiles nervously at him, he places his knight in front of her rook and takes it. 

  "I know you're very smart Y/n, but I need you there to be safe."

  She places her pawn diagonal of his knight and takes it, "if you want me to be safe, then you'll have me by your side." Y/n has never been outside of the mainland, if she were to do as she's told, will she be there by herself, or will she be accompanied by Schneizal...Or her family. 

  He looks at her and sincerely says," why would I have my precious fiancé by my side on a dangerous battlefield? Even if I can win easily, I won't risk you getting hurt." He moves his rook," besides, going to Area 11 could be a good learning experience for you."

"Please don't treat me like I'm a child," I move my queen forward.

"I'm not. I'm just looking out for my future wife's best interest." His rook takes my queen," plus, don't you remember our deal?"

  Y/n looks away from his eyes and looks at the game where she's currently losing, "of course I remember." she smiles happily at him, "it's around the time I got engaged to my amazing fiancé."

  Of course, her smile isn't as sincere as the last one. After all, she doesn't know if he'll just throw her away. Despite being kind, he can also be very cruel. That's why Y/n knows she has always had to put up a good girl act for Schneizel, or that's at least what her mother told her to do. 

"But, you will still stay in contact with me, right? I can still help you even if I'm far away," he smiles at her comment. 

"Of course you can contact me, I can't go a day without talking to you," he moves his piece in front of my king, "checkmate."

  She lost the game. But that's just how Schneizel is, he'll win at anything and get everything to work the way he wants it. Just like how he can use her family at will. Their deal was made between Schneizal and her father. Some members of the imperial family want Y/n to join the family, and one way was for her to marry Schneizal. As long as she stays loyal to them, her family will benefit from the marriage and give some of their resources to her fiance. Y/n's mother stressed to her that she must stay good and loyal, any mistake, and she might as well be considered dead already.  

  For the rest of the time she's there, they have a nice walk in the garden and he gives her an engagement gift. A pair of purple gem earrings. Those gems sparkle just like his eyes. The earrings are modest enough that I can wear them out in a commoner school. Schneizel knew she would easily submit to his plans. Y/n smiles and thanks him. "Oh! I made this for you!" Y/n gives him a handkerchief with the embroidered crest of the empire.