2 - I Miss You

Park Hae Min POV

"I like you."

The last 3 words I heard from her. The last 3 words that I ignored that haunted me since then. She was hit by a car right in front of me. I was so shocked that my whole body froze and can't even move my feet to run towards her. I just watched until the parademics came and took her to the hospital. I blame myself for what happened to her. Rae Yan was seriously hurt that she had to be moved to a hospital in Seoul. They never came back. I knew nothing after that. It's been 15 years now since the Kim family left Sungcheon. I haven't seen them since then. I miss my bestfriends. I miss her. I hope she's okay.

I thought as I was lying down on my bed inside an on-call room with my arms under my head listening to the music playing from my cellphone.

"Dr. Park! Paging Dr. Park Hae Min! You're needed at the ER!"

As soon as I heard my name, I rushed to the ER.

I am an emergency doctor in Kang Woo Hospital for 5 years now. I moved to Seoul hoping that I will meet the Kim family again and apologize to what happenned to Rae Yan.

My name was paged 3 times when I arrived at the ER. I was greeted by nurse Hye So and gave me the chart of a 33 year old male in a car accident. As I was going through the patient's information, his name struck me. My heartbeats were racing. I always hoped that we would meet again but not in this situation.

Kim Rae Joon. My bestfriend. I will save you.

"Hye So, send Mr. Kim for Xray and let me know the results as soon as possible." I immediately instructed her.

"Yes" She said.

"By the way, did somebody contact his family already?" I asked.

"Yes." She answered.

After a couple of tests, Rae Joon was transferred to a private room. When I went in his room, he was still unconscious. I looked at his face. He still looked the same from 15 years ago aside from the mustache and beard. It seems like he never aged at all.

Nice to see you Rae Joon. I'm happy to see you well. I'm glad that you were not hurt seriously. I hope you still know me. I hope we can be bestfriends again just like before.

I clenched his hand and left the room. As I was walking along the hallway on my way to the nurse station, I saw a woman running towards my direction. She was in a rush that I was not able to take a glimpse of her face. As our path crossed I felt something odd. I stopped and looked back as she slowly drifted out of my sight. I flinched and then continued my way to the nurse station.

"Has Mr. Kim's family been contacted already?" I asked the nurse.

"Yes. In fact, his sister just left. She run as soon as she heard the room number. Didn't you meet her along the way?" She said.

Sister? Does that mean Rae Yan is okay!

I hurried back to Rae Joon's room. As I slightly opened the door, I heard a woman's voice.

"Rae Joon, I'm here now. I came home for you. Please wake up. We promised each other not to leave without permission right?" Rae Yan said sobbing as she buried her head on his chest.

"Hey! Have you forgotten also that we can't wake each other!" He said as she lift her head and hugged him tight.

"Hey get off me! By the way, what are you saying? I'm not dying! And what are you doing here anyway? Aren't you suppposed to be somewhere else?" He asked.

"Hey! I was so worried sick when I got a call about what happened to you. I can't just keep still. I have to flew back home immediately! But I'm so glad you're okay." She said happily.