12 - Where Are You Now

Park Hae Min - POV

As soon as I woke up, I excitedly grabbed my phone to text Rae Yan good morning. But as I unlocked my phone, I was surprised to read a text from her.

You know how much I love you. If fate is on our side, you will find me once again...

I immediately dialled her number.

The number you dialled is not available at the moment. Please try your call later...

I tried a couple of times but still, her phone is off.  I called Rae Joon.

"Hello Rae Joon. Is everything okay? Why is Rae Yan's phone off? Is she awake already." I asked.

"I've been meaning to call you earlier. I woke up this morning and she's already gone. She left me a message saying that she will be away for a while and I don't have to look for her. I called her office thinking that she was sent back to work but they told me she took an indefinite leave yesterday." He said.

"What? Then what's going on? She didn't tell me anything about that." I said curiously.

"You tell me what's going on?" He asked me.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You're mom called her yesterday to have lunch together. She must have told something to Rae Yan that provoked her to leave without letting us know." He said as I hang up and ran downstairs to talk to my mother.

When I reached downstairs, my mom was setting up the the table for breakfast.

"What did you told Rae Yan, mom?" I asked angrily.

"I just told her the truth that you're getting married to Eun Hee." She said as she continued setting up the food on the table.

"I told you already I'm not getting married to her. Why can't you just let me be happy with someone I love!" I said.

"Eun Hee is the perfect woman for you. She will be the perfect mother to your child." She said.

I was confused for a moment. 'Mother? Mother of my child?'

"I don't understand. What do you mean mother of my child?" I asked curiously.

"Eun Hee is 2 months pregnant with your child. We have to plan the wedding before her belly starts to get bigger." She said.

"Wait! What?" I was so shocked that it occurred to me the conversation I had with Rae Yan yesterday. Now I know where her curiousity came from.

I was out of words. All I can do was walked out of the house and tried calling Rae Yan again. But in no luck, her phone is still off. I drove myself to anywhere I think she could be.

My mind was tangled. I don't know what to do and don't know where to start to find her. I ended up in the playground. I sat on the bench where we were yesterday. As today is Saturday, the park is starting to build up with kids and their moms or dads or both. Looking at how happy the kids are with their parents, I suddenly realized that maybe she saw what I am seeing right now - the kids with their parents. Maybe she doesn't want my child to grow without a dad.

I tried to recall what happened that night. I scrolled down both mine and Eun Hee's social media accounts to find some answers. I even looked into Jin Young's. After a couple of minutes of scrolling down posts, there's my answer. I leaned back and sighed. After a lot of thinking, I dialled Eun Hee's number.

"Hae Min. Hi! What a surprise! You called me for the first time." She said from the other line.

"Let's meet now. We need to talk. I will send you the address." I said and hang up. I texted her the address and left the park.

—————————————————————————

Kang Eun Hee - POV

I never expected Hae Min to call me. As soon as he hanged up on me, I received a text message of the place where we will meet. I felt anxious and curious why he wanted to see me.

After an hour, I arrived at the restaurant. As soon as I entered the private room, I can feel the cold aura inside. As I sat down, he immediately said.

"I heard you're pregnant." He said.

"So this was all the fuzz about. I guessed your mom was the one who told you. And yes...I am pregnant and soon my belly will be noticeable." I said as I rubbed my belly.

"Let's get married then. We'll not hold the engagement anymore. Then after that let's move back to our hometown. I want our child to grow there." He said as he looked straight into my eyes.

"No! I don't want to live back there and besides your work is here. How about the hospital?." I said frustratingly.

"I have no intention in running your family's hospital. I'll work in the community hospital there. In fact, I already inquired and there's a position available for me there ." I said.

"But still! All our families and friends are here in the city. How can you decide that without thinking of what I like and what I want to do after the wedding." I said.

"Tell me. What do you like? Isn't it why you wanted to marry me because you wanted to be with me and you wanted a family with me? I will be the head of the family soon so I get to decide what is best for our family." He said.

'No! This is not what I want. This is what my family want.' I thought as I gripped my fist tight.

"You can't decide what I want in my life! I will!" I said angrily.

"Oh really! Is that so. Then why don't you choose Ho Jun instead." He said.

"Huh? What...what do you mean?" I asked stammering.

"Are you planning to have an affair with him behind my back after we get married? Why? Because he's your brother's bestfriend or he's just a nobody that your parents can't be proud of." He said as he glares at me.

"What are you talking about?" I said angrily.

"I know you love him. He's the father of your child, right? Choose him not me for the sake of your child." He continued.

Ho Jun, my brother's bestfriend. The man I want to be with for the rest of my life. He was barely acknowledged as Jin Young's bestfriend because he grew up in an orphanage. Although he has a decent job, my parents will never accept him as their son-in-law.

When we found out that I am pregnant, Jin Young was the one who planned everything to make Hae Min as the father of my unborn child. He promised to keep everything a secret and will help us continue our relationship even if I'm married with Hae Min.

Tears rolled down my face as the thought of fighting my love for Ho Jun against my parents will be a struggle. I maybe deprived of my inheritance if I choose him. But I think all these lies should end here.

"You're right about everything. I get to choose what I want in my life for the sake of my own happiness and my child." I said as I wiped my tears and left the room.

—————————————————————————-

Park Hae Min - POV

As soon as she left, I leaned back on the chair and felt relieved. From the photos I saw earlier, my instinct was right. Eun Hee and Ho Jun were more than just friends. I knew in from the start that nothing happened to us that night.

Now it's time to find her. I need to find her.

After, I went to Autumn Wind Cafe. Rae Joon and Suzy were still struggling to contact Rae Yan.

"Do you have any news on her whereabouts?" I asked Rae Joon.

"No. I called all of her friends and even her acquaintances but no one knows where she is. She even deactivated all her social media accounts." He frustratingly said.

——————————————————————————