6 - New Friendship

Park Hae Min -POV

As I zipped close the tent's door behind me, the tent was empty. I was expecting Rae Joon to be sleeping inside already. I was worried at first that Rae Yan will be sleeping with a guy at the same tent.

But wait, he's her brother. Why would I be worried. I thought.

I snuggled inside my sleeping bag. After a couple of toss and turn, I can't sleep. I can't get off my mind what happened earlier. Although it was just a short kiss, it was the kiss I was longing for.

I sat up and put on my jacket and head out  to grab another round of beer thinking it will make me fall asleep.

As I got out of the tent, I saw Rae Yan sleeping in a sitting position.

"Rae Yan. Wake up!" I said as I tapped her shoulder to wake her up. But she's in a deep sleep.

With no more woods for fire to keep her warm, I was worried that she mght get sick. So, I decided to carry her and brought her inside the tent. I laid her down beside me. As I was staring at her face, I finally fell asleep.

The next morning, I woke up from a warm hug coming from the woman beside me. I opened my eyes and see Rae Yan still asleep with her head on my chest and her arms on my waist. Afraid to wake her up, I didn't move an inch.

After a couple of minutes, she woke up. She was startled and pushed me back.

"What am I doing here?" She asked as she held a tight grip of her blanket on her chest.

"I was worried you might get sick if I let you sleep outside. I tried to wake you up but you won't." I said.

"Oh is that so! Umm... Anyway, Thank you." She said as she stood up and rushed out of the tent. I followed her.

When we got out, Rae Joon and  Suzy were already awake. They looked at us with curiousity.

"Ayy!! You slept together?" Suzy asked excitedly.

"Hey! It's not what you think! And by the way, this is all your fault why I end up in there!" She said outrageously to Rae Joon and head to the parking lot stomping her feet like a kid.

On our way back to the city, our one hour and a half drive seems too long because of the silence. Rae Yan was wearing her earphones and just stared out of the window. Suzy was asleep.

When we arrived at the cafe, Rae Yan immediately got out of the car. I got out and followed her at the back of the truck. While I was helping her unload the stuff, I suddenly said.

"About last night -." But I was cut off by her.

"What happened last night was an accident. I don't want to talk about it and I don't want to hear about it either. Do I make myself clear?" She said as she glared at me.

"Okay." I said without hesitating. I sounded like a boyfriend bullied by his girlfriend.

—————————————————————————

When I got home, I was lucky that my mom was not home. I went straight to my room to rest. Although I'm too tired and sleepy, I can't get myself to sleep. I can't stop thinking about her. Waking up beside her tickled me to the bone.

After a couple of minutes of toss and turn, still I can't sleep. I put on my hoodie, grabbed my phone and head out for a jog. I lost sense of where I'm going and I ended up in the playground where Rae Yan and I had a long conversation for the first time after 15 years.

As I approached the swing, a woman was seated on one of the swings. Looking at her back, she seems familiar. I sat on the other swing and asked.

"What brings you here?"

She looked at me and said.

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you that. This is my neighbourhood."

"I can't sleep. I guess you can't sleep either." I said as I swing myself into the air. She swing herself too. We didn't talked for a while until the swings slowly stopped.

"So, who was your first love?" She asked.

I thought for a while and answered.

"She was a friend."

"What happened? Does she liked you too?" She asked curiously.

"Why do you want to know?" I asked her back.

"I'm just curious. You're the first person I've known that waits for his first love. But it doesn't make sense. What if she's already married or dead. Do you still have to wait?" She said sarcastically.

"In my case, I guess I'm lucky. I know she's alive and know where she is. And I even know she's not married. And take note, she doesn't even have a boyfriend. I know for sure that she's my destiny, my fate and my soulmate." I proudly told her.

"Then why do you have to wait. Why don't you just go to her and confess your love. Unless she doesn't like you then that would be a problem." She said.

"It's still complicated. Soon... It's not yet time." I said.

"By the way, why are you so interested in her?" I asked curiously.

"I'm not interested in your love life but I'm just wondering if that fate, destiny or soulmate you're saying is for real, then why at this age, I haven't felt like I have one." She said.

"Maybe you've met him already but you haven't realized yet that he's your soulmate." I said.

"Hmmm. Probably." She said and sighed.

"Anyway, it's late. I have to go. You better go too." She said and started walking.

"I'll walk you home." I said as we walked side by side each other.

I want to hold her hand. I want to hold her in my arms. I want to kiss her.

On our way to her home, it started raining. We ran as fast as we can but the rain is pouring harder. We stopped by a building to wait for the rain to stop. I looked at her playing with the rain drops coming from the overhang of the building. It reminded me of the time when we were young. The silence broke when a song coming from a karaoke bar above the building played.

Two old friends meet again....

As soon as the somg ended, we looked at each other and then bursted into laughter.

It was the start of our new friendship.

——————————————————————————-