4: A Childish Fairy-tale

The room was dimmed, curtains of white shielded the light; from within, ginger curly locks rested flatly on a velvet white pillow, feather like lashes fluttered opened, unveiling mousy brown eyes.

Her body felt stiff, her slender arm shoved the blanket off her, sitting up; she called out to her maid.

"Julian"

A young woman pops out, a huge smile plastered on her face. Giddily, she approached the fair noble lady, straightening her posture as she approaches with a smile intact.

"Is there anything that you need, my Lady?"

Blankly, Averilene gazed at the plain white walls of her room, the nightstand on the side of her bed filled with books and writing utensils; considering her age, it was rather... a 'peculiar' room

"Is there anything Father tasked me to do?"

The maid's smile solemnly formed into a frown, her eyes observed Ilene; who groggily reaches towards her glasses, reading the signed paper works that was supposed to be done by the Marchioness.

But there was no Marchioness considered in this household.

"There was none. The Marquis wished for you to rest and-"

"I'll be going to the library, then"

"My Lady, the Marquis requested that you enjo-"

Halting her steps, Ilene coldly glared at the maid; the air was cold and dense, her magic seeping out of her petite body, her bags clearly signifying she has merely slept for a while, yet that gaze.

The gaze of a beast.

Averilene Hamblin was known to be cruel.

A young child who made hundreds of people cry with her sneering words; she does not need to sugarcoat her speech, because just like her magic, she was cold as ice.

Yet who could blame her?

Her mother could not look directly into her daughter's eyes, often calling her daughter a fraud, and her daughter contemplating her existence in this world.

Who would blame such a young child?

The maid stood still, bowing her head towards her young master, she dared not to look into those hollow cocoa eyes.

Or else, she might turn into ice.

"I'll do whatever I wish to do, it has nothing to do with you. Do you understand?"

"Yes, my Lady"

Leaving her soft bed, Ilene almost fell from the lack of strength she has, yet just like she was taught to do.

She brushed it off.

Ilene walked gracefully towards her bathroom, planning to bathe and after that to read a book in the library.

But a quiet voice made her pause her steps.

"My Lady, the House of Alpheus sent a letter"

"Who is the sender?"

"Ummm... I believe it was Lady Alpheus"

A small smile made its way on her face.

"Help me prepare, I believe we would be having a guest sooner or later; a rather uninvited one"

"Ilene"

Moss of dashing white locks bounced as the young boy walked towards her, golden eyes heatedly stared at her figure; Ilene sent a smirk towards Ijekiel, her eyebrows teasingly rose at the sight of the charming young boy.