Peek-A-Boo

[A/N: A sneak peek on another story, I'm working on but I'll publish it once I'm done with this one... LOLOLOL Goodluck me.]

Everyone was sure to fall in love, one day.

A promise that is not said but is kept.

A love that does not exist.

I thought about it over and over again.

Yet, as I watched my best friend gaze grimly at Athy, I only could smile bitterly. Her eyes reflected her pain, and how she deliberately accepted that Athanasia would never love her more than a friend.

I wondered, if I too, would fail in love.

"It's childish, no matter how much I think about it"

Turning my back away from the scene, I let my feet dragged me to wherever it would take me.

Somewhere far away from the thought of him.

Somewhere that could help me drown my sorrows, as I reminisced the days where I spent continuously chasing after someone who I'll never catch.

Somewhere far far far away from a man who would gaze at me with eyes that resembled the brightest sapphire gemstone, filled with such love and care but- is mixed with hesitation and guilt.

Hesitation for we both know, that a child like me will never be able to romanticize a future with him.

And guilt, because he knows.

He knows that I love him more than anything in this entire universe, I love him than any other thing I love and I love him to the point I would happily let go, because we both know its wrong.

Is it wrong in the eyes of the common people?

Is it wrong in the eyes of the people we treasure?

Is it wrong in our eyes?

I will always love him, but- it's time.

Time to realize that no matter how much I longed to be beside him, watching him chuckled as I accidentally got frosting on my nose; hoped to be there when frustration clearly dragged him into madness; and- believed that there would be no happy ending for the both of us.

But still I continued to hope and understand a fleeting feeling that can make a person lose all its sensibility and sanity.

Even if it rips my chest open once again.

Yet, as my steps halted into a stop, my eyes gazing longingly at the tree where I professed my love to him; my lips trembling as I couldn't help but cry out to the sky, as I was beginning to sob loudly feeling my heart torn into pieces.

My first love ended just like that.

A heartbreak that lead me to still continue to wonder.

Will I ever fall in love?

Fall in love with someone who will always be right beside me.

Someone who will always know what to set me free.

Someone who I know would never disappear even if I recklessly leave.

A love that does not exist.

Maybe?