My First Love〖Koi〗

My First Love
Koi (Six Gravity)
Requested By: sunrise64

Koi and Kakeru sat down on a pristine white couch, camera's rolling as the talk show host continued to interview them, throwing in some playful banter, but Koi knows his head is not in the game, then suddenly Kakeru subtly nudged him in the rib, "Huh, what was that?" He asked as the talk show repeated his question, "I was just asking if you've experience love. Kakeru said he was crushing on a girl in his school, so how about you, Koi-san?" He asked eagerly, Koi smiled a sad look on his face, "Ah...I had been in love, the girl had me wrapped around her finger, but nothing happened between us." He quickly shut the chances for follow up questions, "Oh, that must hurt, bet she must feel guilty about it now." Koi faked a laugh, "Sure.." After the segment he told Kakeru to go ahead, he stopped by a flower shop to pick up a bouquet of pink carnations.

He walked further uphill, finally stopping under the shade of a willow tree, "Happy birthday, (Y/N)!" Koi placed the flowers beneath the headstone, sitting crisscross on the soft grass, staring sadly at the headstone, he opened his backpack and took out the plastic container with strawberry shortcake inside, "I'm sorry I forgot to buy you one." He grabbed the plastic fork and ate in silence, his phone playing her favorite song.

As he placed the container back to the paper bag, he fondly recalled his early memories with her, they were just children happily laughing, playing tag by the riverside.

"I want to be with you, Koi..." She murmured, but the younger Koi had no idea what she meant, "(Y/N), let's get married when we grow up!" He declared as (Y/N)'s face turned red, "Don't say that if you don't mean it!" She pounds her small fist on his chest lightly, only earning a laugh from him, "Why not? I mean it!" He stands firmly before the girl who pouts before they both burst laughing.

"Koi, I'm sorry I didn't tell you..." (Y/N) weakly apologized, laying on the hospital bed. They're now in middle school, (Y/N) hadn't shown up to class in a while and when he checked her house, the maids said she was in the hospital and her mother took him as he pleaded to them, "Don't speak, just rest and then we can play again...right?" She nodded, smiling brightly.

She promised she was okay...

His eyes went anywhere but the sight in front of him, the casket slowly being lowered on the ground, his heart sinking deeper along with it, he refused to cry but inside he was screaming and shouting out his frustration.

Stupid doctors...Stupid disease...

Everything is Stupid.

Hey!

The day before she died, she went to the riverside where Koi was skipping rocks, deep in thought until he heard her voice, "(Y/N)...!"

"Koi!" A girl runs up to him, arms outstretched, her frilly dress seemingly floating as she runs.

"(Y/N)!" He held his arms out at the younger girl in front of him, she rushed to hug him, her smaller figure flush against his chest and he spun her around.

"I thought you're still sick?" He looked at her worriedly as she shook her head, "The doctor said I could go out now, I'm okay!" She grinned and he hugged her again, so glad to have his best friend back

"Koi, can you promise me something?" He looked down on the girl cuddled up in his chest, the sun setting in the distance, He hummed, "What is it?" She yawned, "Please promise me to always smile, no matter what..." She trailed off and Koi wrapped his arms around her as she shivered, "Hey, should I call your parents..? You're so cold." She shook her head rapidly, "No...let me just stay here with you, please..." His stomach dropped but nodded, swallowing hard, piecing things together as he hugged her tighter.

"Koi...please...?" He looked down at her, tears threatening to spill and he leaned down, warming her cold lips with his as his hot tears streamed down his face, he felt her smile and her cold hands cupping his cheeks, before they slowly dropped and he pulled away, his tears dropping on her cheek, a smile frozen on her face.

Koi starts to go up the stairs, then in the corner of his eye he saw a figure, he looked down at the figure and saw familiar teary (E/C) eyes, smiling up at him, mouthing words.

He blinked and the figure was gone, like a ghost, he took in a deep breath before smiling brightly, wiping the stray tears from his face, before heading back to the train station

Keep smiling for me...

•••

My definition of bad end is that the MC is dead, unless with a prompt then maybe I'll try to be more creative..