Right Moment〖Iku〗

Right Moment
Iku (Procellarum)

Requested By:ako4456

Iku had decided to stay over at his best friend's house since there's a track meet tomorrow early at his school, however since it's his day off tomorrow he had already asked permission in advance, and his best friend didn't mind either, not like she was gonna say no otherwise and besides it has been a while since they got to hang out, "Iku, you gotta stop pushing yourself." She pouts, throwing a hot pack and he caught it in his hand with ease, "Don't worry I'm not." He assures her, placing the pack on the bottom of his feet, sore from running around the block. 

"Here, I got some us some dango mochi, just to induce some nostalgia." She brought out a small unbranded box from a plastic bag and hand it to him, and he beamed opening the box and grabbing a pink mochi, squishing it lightly, before placing it in his mouth, chewing happily "Hey, remember what I used to call you back then?" She grinned, pinching his two cheeks and squishing his face, "Mochii~" She giggled as he giggled, "Hey, shhtaaph.." He mumbled, and she lets go and grabbing the remote, "Come on, let's watch a movie." She opened up a streaming app on her tv and randomly selected a film, they sat comfortably as the movie played.

The story was about an idol and his fan, which was first his best friend, but due to circumstance got raised in different countries until the idol was going on a world tour and the fan had been supporting them in any means they can, they ended up becoming the makeup artist hired for that place and tried to get close to the idol, but said idol seemed to have forgotten about them due to an accident and got selective amnesia. At the climax of the movie, the big confrontation, the two have already been invested, (Y/N) already cuddled up to Iku as his eyes are glazed, "Are you alright?" She looked up at him, and he nodded slowly, "Yeah... just thinking..." He murmured and (Y/N)'s hand went over his and held it, he looked at her and she smiled reassuringly "The movie's almost over, alright?" He smiled back, "Okay, I'll watch now." Turning back to the tv screen.

After the movie, they set up a big futon after rearranging the chairs and coffee table and dumped blankets and pillows, as they laid there in silence Iku looked over at (Y/N)'s sleeping figure, "Hey (Y/N), you awake?" He was only greeted by silence. "The reason why I was distracted was a pretty stupid reason, I thought what would happen if we were in that situation and then it made me come to terms with some unsettled feelings I had..." He trailed off, still listening if her breath had a change of pace before continuing, "It made me happy that we still have each other's backs, but then it got me thinking how I've known you since forever and...how much I couldn't handle being apart from you." Sighing, he turned to look at the ceiling, "(Y/N)...I wanted to be more than friends for a while...I just haven't figured out how to say it..." He closed his eyes, dozing off, not noticing (Y/N) sitting up and staring at him with the moonlight illuminating the room.

Iku yawned, the sunlight streaming through the windows, shining light in the room, he sat up and rubbing his eyes, then a delicious smell wafted through the air, and he made his way to the kitchen, "Hey! I made omelets, grab a seat." Iku nodded and sat in front of the kitchen island, they are in comfortable silence.

"Iku, we've been friends for a while, right?" He perked up at her question, he swallowed before nodding quizically, "Yeah, is something the matter?" She sighed, 'No use beating the bush' She looked at him, grabbing his hand gently, "I heard what you said last night, I think we both can be honest to each other about our feelings. Right?" He pursed his lips, "Uhm...I..." She giggled, shaking her head "Nevermind, go get ready for the meet. I'll fix up the futon." She stood up but was stopped by a hand on her wrist, "Iku...?" He mumbled under his breath, "What?" She leaned closer, "Can I kiss you?" He asks much clearer, "Yes you can Iku." She smiled as he softly pressed his lips on hers.

•••
Decided to include the mochi scene in a longer oneshot hope it's ayt w/ you pwq